PDA

View Full Version : How to optimize HS-DSCH to DCH handover success rate and vice versa in Huawei?

BryxKeisha
2012-03-12, 11:21 AM
Hi fellow RFs,

Can anybody help me with this KPI? Any suggestion is very much appreciated. Thanks!

boring
2012-03-13, 02:29 AM
what problems do you have with this KPI?

BryxKeisha
2012-03-14, 07:04 AM
Thanks for your reply boring. My problem is about the success rate which is only around 75-85%. Do you have any idea on how to optimize this? I'm still confused about the mobility of HSDPA as well, about the channel switching and SHO or HHO. Thanks mate!

boring
2012-03-20, 02:50 AM
A few things on HSDPA mobility:

in HSDPA, there is no concept of SHO, only one cell is serving the UE at any time

1. serving cell change: HS-f1-cell-A to HS-f1-cell-B
2. HSDPA HHO: HS-f1-cell-A to HS-f2-cell-B (cells A & B could be co-located or could belong to different node-Bs)
3. HS to DCH: This is channel type change from HSDPA to DCH, and usually this switch happens in one cell, the only case that you may have HSDPA (cell A) to DCH (cell B) during mobility is if target B does not support HSDPA or the admission control rejects the request to admit an HS user in cell B.

now back to your problem. it is not clear why the success rate is only 75 to 85%. so:

a) what counters do you use to calculate this KPI?
b) do you have any logs/traces related to this problem?

Appreciated if you find this post helpful!

BryxKeisha
2012-03-30, 04:30 AM
Thanks for the reply boring. I just look on the results of Huawei Mainex OMStar for this KPI and I notice everyday the success rate of this KPI is just 75-85%. I haven't experienced optimizing this KPI yet. As of now I don't have any traces for this one. So for HS to DCH switching and vice versa, it happens normally on one cell. But what triggers this switching? Is it the loading of the cell? What I mean is, for example, an HS user wants to access a cell but there is not enough resources but there are some users who are just using small amount of bandwidth (like browsing only), these users will be moved to DCH? Is this correct?Thanks for responding mate. I appreciate.