PDA

View Full Version : Original huawei abis over ip

mosa
2012-03-02, 03:30 AM
hi all

i need documents about implementation of abis over ip in huawei BSC6900 and BTS3900, and if also there is model script ; please share

dfindme
2012-03-02, 11:24 AM
maybe this link can help you
http://www.4shared.com/office/yoofQac5/53135171-GSM-Abis-Dimensioning.html

tomcatsniper
2012-03-03, 06:19 PM
You can configure the Abis over IP in 2 different ways. Depends how you want to have it. The simple way is to use only the FE port on GTMU setup some QoS classes and the IP planning for your network. Also there is a parameter for bandwidth that you will have to care care.

The second option is to use an extra LMPT board like the one for LTE and connect the GTMU FE port to LMPT and setup the IP line to LMPT with IPSec tunnel. This is more complex solution and it is used when operator doesn't own the transmission line and needs to lease it. For this solution you will need to configure both boards. Workload is almost double but is worth it.

As for script examples it kind of hard to have one because for example in the second case the LMPT is using an XML script and GTMU the normal one. This is the part for on site load. For BSC script there is no big difference between the 2 solutions.

The LMPT is kind of transparent for BSC. If you chose the second solution be careful with IPSec gateway, it can get tricky.

RF-SYR
2012-03-10, 06:23 AM
Is there any bad KPIs for site with ABIS over IP comparing to E1?

tomcatsniper
2012-03-10, 06:28 AM
No. Why it should be bad KPI?
If you have enough bandwidth and a stable transmission it will work very good.
In fact it is much easier to troubleshoot and it's more flexible to changes and upgrades.

RF-SYR
2012-03-11, 05:28 AM
No. Why it should be bad KPI?
If you have enough bandwidth and a stable transmission it will work very good.
In fact it is much easier to troubleshoot and it's more flexible to changes and upgrades.

Yes, I agree with you, but may due to delay comparing to E1, some KPIs are going to be bad.

Any way did you test KPIs before and after?

tomcatsniper
2012-03-11, 11:48 PM
Yes, I agree with you, but may due to delay comparing to E1, some KPIs are going to be bad.

Any way did you test KPIs before and after?

There is no extra delay. We used the same microwave links but connected the FE ports not the E1 ports.
I measured the KPI and they look the same.

I also did some tests with cheap ADSL and VDSL lines and the results are ok.
It depends on the quality of your IP lines. Ask your provider to give you some test lines for one month and make some tests. If they are ok move from E1 to IP.

RF-SYR
2012-03-12, 04:05 AM
There is no extra delay. We used the same microwave links but connected the FE ports not the E1 ports.
I measured the KPI and they look the same.

I also did some tests with cheap ADSL and VDSL lines and the results are ok.
It depends on the quality of your IP lines. Ask your provider to give you some test lines for one month and make some tests. If they are ok move from E1 to IP.

I do it, It's good, and No bad KPIs :)

Thank you dear.

RF engineer
2012-03-12, 05:32 PM
I do it, It's good, and No bad KPIs :)

Thank you dear.

Dear

if you have any report about your trial test is as we are also try to Abis over IP for 2G network but donot know the effect.

BR

sofianonline
2012-03-12, 07:14 PM
Hi,

Now I'm working on Abis over IP implementation.
No bad KPI will be got due to change on TDM to IP.
But in IP you need to define the bandwidth not only for the site but also in hub site.

In 2G mode, IP will need more bandwidth. Example for CS data FR which is defined 12.2kbps, in IP needs about 13kbps.
For PS data MCS-9 59.2 kbps, in IP takes about 70kbps (there are UDP header, MAC header, frame len, etc)

It's difficult to define the utilization in IP because we have to know the bandwidth define per hub.

And the important things in IP mode, you should also define the QOS both in BTS/NodeB, RTN/Transmission, CX/router, and also in BSC/RNC. The setting should be the same.

----------------------------------------------
Please add reputation/thanks if this post helpful.

RF engineer
2012-03-13, 02:56 AM
Hi,

Now I'm working on Abis over IP implementation.
No bad KPI will be got due to change on TDM to IP.
But in IP you need to define the bandwidth not only for the site but also in hub site.

In 2G mode, IP will need more bandwidth. Example for CS data FR which is defined 12.2kbps, in IP needs about 13kbps.
For PS data MCS-9 59.2 kbps, in IP takes about 70kbps (there are UDP header, MAC header, frame len, etc)

It's difficult to define the utilization in IP because we have to know the bandwidth define per hub.

And the important things in IP mode, you should also define the QOS both in BTS/NodeB, RTN/Transmission, CX/router, and also in BSC/RNC. The setting should be the same.

----------------------------------------------
Please add reputation/thanks if this post helpful.

Dear

if u can send us some guideline it will be great full.

BR

rjcell
2012-03-16, 06:32 PM
Is there any counter to check abis utilization? for 3g we have counter to calculate IuB utilization