PDA

View Full Version : MS no back to Home PLMN when back to coverage

RF engineer
2012-02-29, 05:21 PM
Dears

I have a problem and make me tired as it may be beyond my knowledge and need your help , the situation is like that , when mobile loss the coverage it will not back to home PLMN unless they do switched off MS and Switch on meanwhile during the coverage loss they select the competitor . Is there on Switch side controlling.

BR

wolverine
2012-02-29, 05:30 PM
Is the subscriber allowed to camp on the competitors PLMN? Usualy, when the phone is in automatic mode it will camp on the home PLMN (HPLMN). If it looses coverage it will attempt to camp (LAU) on other PLMNs as long as they are not in the forbidden PLMN list. If it manages to camp on another PLMN, then it will only look for the HPLMN again after the HPLMN timer has expired. The HMPLN timer is present in the SIM, so if you want to find out what it is, you will need a SIM reader. Typically it is set to 30min but can be longer, it is down to the operator to set it.

hopefully this helps..

Chinaman
2012-02-29, 07:32 PM
Spot on Wolverine! Not many people know about this timer residing in the SIM!

Is the subscriber allowed to camp on the competitors PLMN? Usualy, when the phone is in automatic mode it will camp on the home PLMN (HPLMN). If it looses coverage it will attempt to camp (LAU) on other PLMNs as long as they are not in the forbidden PLMN list. If it manages to camp on another PLMN, then it will only look for the HPLMN again after the HPLMN timer has expired. The HMPLN timer is present in the SIM, so if you want to find out what it is, you will need a SIM reader. Typically it is set to 30min but can be longer, it is down to the operator to set it.

hopefully this helps..

zeezzoo
2012-03-01, 06:10 AM
i had exactly the same problem. the problem appeared after swapping from Seimens to Huawei (R11).
it was noticed that the problem is happening frequently especially with Smart Phones.
far from this problem, there was a previous intention to do LAC/RAC dimensioning. The strange thing we came across is that after we re-dimensioned the LACs/RACs , the complains were much lower.
PS: before the re-dimensioning there was some RACs that are used twice ... but of course in different LACs. By the way this is can be done because the RAI = LAI + RAC ie: the RAC is always a subset of the LAC.
the last thing i will add is that after the upgrade to (R12) , the problem disappeared.

hope it will help

RF engineer
2012-03-01, 02:41 PM
Dear

Thanks for the help , SIM are not allowed with competitor only when selected it allow Emergency call . i will check this TIMER NSS engineer can check this .

BR

RF engineer
2012-03-01, 02:51 PM

hopefully this helps..

Dear

Thank you very much for the help , and kindly can i have the name for the timer.

BR