PDA

View Full Version : Can i configure the same carrier for CDMA 2000 1X and EVDO ?

shankarprasai
2012-02-21, 11:08 PM
Dear all,

We are Cdma operator of Nepal and Huawei of our vender company. We are currently operating three carrier in 800Mhz for CDMA 2000 1x But our system support EVDO also.We want to operate the third carrier for both 1X and Evdo in same bsc but at different area so that there can't be air interference. Would we operate same frequency for 1X and EVDO?
BSC bsc 6680 huawei
BTS 3606E and 3606CE

If you know about above mention configuration then pls reply my post.

BR
Shankar
Kathmandu Nepal

DANORM
2012-02-22, 01:34 AM
as i know it's can not be made :s

T_ADD
2012-02-22, 05:13 AM
Hi Shankar, for the configuration, yes it could be done. BSC cannot differentiate whether if same or different freq used for 1x and/or DO. But doing so could have interference issues. Since you will be practically using the same freq for both 1x and DO in different places, it should also be fine. No problem there. BTS types should be fine too with configuration since there is no channel configuration at BTS end but carrier only.
Dear all,

We are Cdma operator of Nepal and Huawei of our vender company. We are currently operating three carrier in 800Mhz for CDMA 2000 1x But our system support EVDO also.We want to operate the third carrier for both 1X and Evdo in same bsc but at different area so that there can't be air interference. Would we operate same frequency for 1X and EVDO?
BSC bsc 6680 huawei
BTS 3606E and 3606CE

If you know about above mention configuration then pls reply my post.

BR
Shankar
Kathmandu Nepal

DANORM
2012-02-22, 02:50 PM
if it can be made, then there is terminal problem. for example for EVDO terminal - it knows that it must take only for example 260 carrier (configured as evdo in BSC), but if someone will take this in another area, this terminal can not be worked.

then if terminal has two carrier, then there will be some misunderstand...

T_ADD
2012-02-22, 03:08 PM
well mate, the guy said that the 2 platforms will be used in different, isolated areas. if thats the case then there shouldnt be a problem. regards

shankarprasai
2012-02-22, 04:19 PM
Thanks for your precious suggestion.But When we add the carrier in bsc ,We also include the channel number.So I confused that is there any use of channel number in BSC for frame processing or something else?
I want to make the test R-UIM card for EVDO for testing purpose.What are the parameter in R-UIM that should include different than CDMA 2000 1x ? Can we modified the existing CDMA 2000 1x R-UIM to EVDO R-UIM by using OTAP from MSC ?

If U have the script of above scenario then please upload.

T_ADD
2012-02-22, 04:31 PM
Channel number is of significance, that will decide you freq to use.

For RUIM, I'm not sure if I could fully help but do know this - 1x and EVDO prl will have different parameters so you might have to put those in the RUIM. Please get more help on this from someone else.

As for scripting, it possible to do but only if you provide complete requirements - meaning what exactly do you want. I can only do for BSC6600 but then if you can read and understand the script, you can easily adapt it to 6680 MML.

NPERF
2012-04-29, 11:54 PM
We can configur the same channel for DO and 1x in Huawei system. The BH of EVDO and 1X would be diffrent. SO the capapcity of the site can be reconfigured dynamically where the capcpity and be dedicated to 1x in one time and the same capacptiy can be configured for DO in DO BH.

I am attaching a document explaning the same. We have completed thre trial in the lab and its working fine. I think this would answer your quriers to a certian extend

T_ADD
2012-04-30, 07:20 AM
Hi NPERF, I'd like to learn more. Your attached file shows the concept but can you actually say how to configure?