PDA

View Full Version : how to register .jpg or bmp image in Mapinfo v10.5??

echomoon
2012-02-01, 11:00 PM
hi frnds

any one know how to register an image(.jpge or bmp) into mapinfo v10.5???
i need to display both roads+image

thanx in advance

Rooster[BG]
2012-02-01, 11:35 PM
Hi echomoon,

What kind of image do you have ?

In theory, to register raster map you require 3 dots forming triangle. These dots mustn't be very close to each other.

In MapInfo, the easiest way it to take 4 points - corner dots of the square raster image.

If you downloaded your picture from Google Maps/ Yahoo/Bing with a program, you will have these 4 coordinates.

If you don't have these coordinates, you should find them first before proceeding.

When you open the image in MapInfo, choose register than:

1. Add 4 points (Pt1 to Pt4)
2. Pt1 will be upper left corner - put the coordinates for this point and Image X = 0, Image Y = 0
3. Pt2 will be upper right corner - put the coordinates for this point and Image X = max horizontal image pixels, Image Y = 0
2. Pt3 will be lower left corner - put the coordinates for this point and Image X = 0, Image Y = max vertical image pixels
2. Pt4 will be lower right corner - put the coordinates for this point and Image X = max horizontal image pixels, Image Y = max vertical image pixels

Be careful tot to click in the map during the process.

BR,
Rooster[BG]

echomoon
2012-02-01, 11:48 PM
thankx frnd i had extracted image(.jpge)from google earth & wanna combine some RX_lev plots of DT for few roades

btw could help to explain the type of " raster map " i didnt used it befor ???if u have some sample ,,i just wanna see it if possiable

thanx in advance

Rooster[BG]
2012-02-02, 12:01 AM
Maps are divided in two classes - Vector maps (Roads, City Boundaries, etc) and Raster maps (JPG, BMP, etc)

BR,
Rooster[BG]

echomoon
2012-02-02, 02:59 AM
;167533']Maps are divided in two classes - Vector maps (Roads, City Boundaries, etc) and Raster maps (JPG, BMP, etc)

BR,
Rooster[BG]

thanx again ...could u plz tell what is raster file extension??if u had sample vector plz share

br

Rooster[BG]
2012-02-02, 05:24 AM
I don't quite understand your point.

Raster image is every picture, including the photos you took with your camera.

As for vectors, in our case, is every MapInfo table that contains objects. All these objects (line, circle, irregular shape, etc) are vectors. Programs like AutoCAD work with vectors.

Another Telecom example - A MapInfo map with BSC areas (geographical boundaries) is a vector map.

BR,
Rooster[BG]

hp3hp3
2012-02-02, 06:02 AM
see this tut help you for register map

http://www.finetopix.com/showthread.php?25682-Register-map-with-MapInfo-and-Google-Earth-Pro&p=163557&highlight=#post163557

josogun2
2012-02-02, 06:25 PM
Rooster has said it all.
Simple like A, B, C

;167526']Hi echomoon,

What kind of image do you have ?

In theory, to register raster map you require 3 dots forming triangle. These dots mustn't be very close to each other.

In MapInfo, the easiest way it to take 4 points - corner dots of the square raster image.

If you downloaded your picture from Google Maps/ Yahoo/Bing with a program, you will have these 4 coordinates.

If you don't have these coordinates, you should find them first before proceeding.

When you open the image in MapInfo, choose register than:

1. Add 4 points (Pt1 to Pt4)
2. Pt1 will be upper left corner - put the coordinates for this point and Image X = 0, Image Y = 0
3. Pt2 will be upper right corner - put the coordinates for this point and Image X = max horizontal image pixels, Image Y = 0
2. Pt3 will be lower left corner - put the coordinates for this point and Image X = 0, Image Y = max vertical image pixels
2. Pt4 will be lower right corner - put the coordinates for this point and Image X = max horizontal image pixels, Image Y = max vertical image pixels

Be careful tot to click in the map during the process.

BR,
Rooster[BG]