PDA

View Full Version : Atoll or...

ntack1986
2012-01-31, 06:01 PM
Dear all,
Any one could show advantages of Atoll to other optimization tools?

echomoon
2012-01-31, 06:40 PM
check this:http://www.finetopix.com/showthread.php?26178-Compare-Atoll-vs-Mentum-for-LTE-from-NSN

its for LTE tech

br

zloy_qwer
2012-01-31, 07:43 PM
Dear all,
Any one could show advantages of Atoll to other optimization tools?

Atoll is strong in radio planning. Optimization features (CW test) it is only additional feature, not main purpose for use atoll.
E******* and Huawei (Unet) use this software as company standart planning tool.
For me Atoll is best, because it is easy to use and have strong import-export features.
For example, I can make project in Atoll in 5 minutes, quick import maps, copy-paste site information from excel engineering table, DONE!
Some other software try to f**K brain, need to convert maps, some important option hidden deeply in menu, need to make setup according to manual... ect.

OKLATINGUY
2012-04-22, 11:29 AM
I disagree with this. Atoll is too simple. Not good for LTE planning as there are lots of hidden parameters a good engineer needs to be aware of. Also, prediction coverages are not good. ICIC schemes are not well defined...I could make a long list of Atoll's weakneses on LTE. I prefer ASSET, it is more accurate in all aspects already mention.

firstmaxim
2012-04-22, 12:42 PM
Atoll is a planning tool, which could be compared with Aircom's Asset and E*******'s TCP. Currently Atoll is the most widely used planning tool. Atoll does not require Oracle unlike the other tools.

baby
2012-04-22, 02:34 PM
Atoll is friendly tool for planning GSM ,UMTS ,LTE ,CDMA1x ,etc.
The basic function is coverage plot (plot for RxLev ,RSCP, .....)

Note: Huawei buy Atoll and change the name to UNET ,so the screen of both are same.

lejun
2012-04-22, 07:05 PM
I disagree with this. Atoll is too simple. Not good for LTE planning as there are lots of hidden parameters a good engineer needs to be aware of. Also, prediction coverages are not good. ICIC schemes are not well defined...I could make a long list of Atoll's weakneses on LTE. I prefer ASSET, it is more accurate in all aspects already mention.

Hi friend,

I think the accuracy prediction depend on the people that use Atoll, not by Atoll :D

I used Atoll, Mentum Planet and Asset for my projects and i see some advantage of each tools:

-Atoll: easy to learn, fast caculating (and accurate!)

-Asset: the most power of Asset is data management, and Asset is more complex for beginner.

-Mentum: i think middle range between Atoll and Asset :D, not much experiences.

Thanks