PDA

View Full Version : Tems Indoor Test with K800

husseinmanaf
2012-01-30, 07:25 PM
Hi all

can anyone help me , how can I use K800 for indoor test ? or W995 for indoor test is there any procedure for This test plz...

BRs

Rooster[BG]
2012-01-30, 07:46 PM
Dear husseinmanaf,

If you need to present results of the indoor test, than you need to use TEMS Investigation and pinpoint your location in the premises. The easiest way is to use tablet for pinpointing but you can do it also with laptop.

There is no other difference in making indoor tests than outdoor tests.

BR,
Rooster[BG]

husseinmanaf
2012-01-30, 10:19 PM
If you use k800 with tems Inv. for indoor you will not get GPS point in side bulding So we should have another selutions..

Thanks in Advance

Rooster[BG]
2012-01-30, 11:00 PM
The best way is to use pinpoint.

Pinpoint is an option of TI that you can use when you don't have GPS. Instead of GPS you put point at your position. TEMS distributes the samples (e.g. RxLev, RSCP, etc.) evenly between your pinpoints.

In your case you need map of the premises (jpg, bmp, etc.). Than you make a .TAB file within MapInfo (Open pic without register).

If you don't have detailed plans (e.g. converted AutoCad plans) of the building you should draw your own with Paint.

It is better if you can find original plans since they are properly scaled.

BR,
Rooster[BG]

indoor
2012-01-31, 06:26 PM
If you do use a tablet PC I would recommend running it under windows 7. I have just recently updated mine and it seems to run much happier than under XP tablet. In XP tablet after walking for a few minutes my pc became sluggish and didn't like the map being moved. Taking a good few minutes to update the screen. Not sure if this was down to the memory leakage problem that is mentioned about XP tablet though.

captain_jejemon
2012-01-31, 07:21 PM
hi
you can use pinpoint option in tems investigation.
to make it accurately you need floor plan of the test area.
if you dont have soft copy of floor plan you can also take photos of floor plan.
you can also sketch draft of tha floor area.

you can layer floor plan in tems investigation in .BMP format.