PDA

View Full Version : Capacity expansion site TRX planning

guruvai
2012-01-17, 01:00 PM
Hi Experts,

Lets say I want to put a new capacity site in between three other existing sites. My primary intention is to offload the existing traffic from those sites. How should I predict the expected traffic of the new cells and plan the new TRX config in a most efficient way.

Many thanks in advance. :)

charommel
2012-01-17, 02:12 PM
Hi,

If you are using a planning tool like Asset, you should be able to capture the traffic in that cluster after including the new planned site. afterwards, depending on the captured traffic for the new site, you may put your planned configuration.

Otherwise, you can simply assume a default config then use parameters to balance the traffic between sectors. thanks.

Hi Experts,

Lets say I want to put a new capacity site in between three other existing sites. My primary intention is to offload the existing traffic from those sites. How should I predict the expected traffic of the new cells and plan the new TRX config in a most efficient way.

Many thanks in advance. :)

guruvai
2012-01-18, 05:48 PM
Thanks charommel (http://www.finetopix.com/member.php?17111-charommel). The thing is i always worked in Ascom's TCPU and not yet intimate with ASSET. would you please show let me how to add and analyze traffic info?

Cheers!