PDA

View Full Version : LTE HO setting

BALKY
2012-01-13, 09:07 PM
Hi all,
is there anybody to share the initial LTE parameter settings for handovers...
We tried to activated handovers between two cells but it doesn't work.
Best regards,

punto
2012-01-14, 12:28 AM
... huhhh, share reselection parameters and thresholdes ... please help, for E******* and HUAWEI !

BALKY
2012-01-17, 07:21 PM
Is there somebody to know? Please urgent help ...

MINTO
2012-01-26, 06:25 AM
Hi Balky,

sorry for late reply, i think you have neighbour defination problem

The external cellid defined in Source EnodeB should be the same as cellid defined in Target EnodeB. For example, if targe EnodeB defined cellid as 1,2 and 3 (for 3 sectors) then external cellid in Source EnodeB should also be 1,2 and 3. If it does not match, the HO failure observed.

BALKY
2012-01-26, 07:19 PM
Hi MINTO,
I think that the problem is elsewhere because we test the handovers between cells in the same eNB... In TEMS for Serv/Neigh cell I see just the serving cell information(RSRP/RSRQ) and just Freq and CellID for neighbour cell...
Other is that in the L3 message there is no message for MeasureControl(ul-dcch)...??
BR,

wolverine
2012-01-26, 07:38 PM
Hi MINTO,
I think that the problem is elsewhere because we test the handovers between cells in the same eNB... In TEMS for Serv/Neigh cell I see just the serving cell information(RSRP/RSRQ) and just Freq and CellID for neighbour cell...
Other is that in the L3 message there is no message for MeasureControl(ul-dcch)...??
BR,

Hi Balky, the first thing you need to check is how is the eNodeB configuring measurements for the UE. This is done via the RRC Connection Reconfiguration message. In here there is also a parameter that tells the UE when to start measuring neighbours (s-Measure). If this threshold is not met the UE will not measure any neighbours. It might be easier if you upload your TEMS logfile and people can then help you out more effectively.

MINTO
2012-01-26, 11:24 PM
BALKY...SHARE THE LOGFILE

boring
2012-01-27, 02:20 AM
guys
in e******* implementation, the eNB does not send any neighbours to the UE. The UE has to detect all possible neighbouring cells (and rightly wolverine says) a suitable event is triggered (typically event A3) which results in the triggering of the handover.
Now, e******* requires that the two cells are neighboured at eNB level unless the ANR functionality is activated.
in all cases, we want eNB configuration, presense of ANR functionality and TEMS log to conclude
hope this helps

BALKY
2012-01-31, 03:48 PM
Hi guys,
sorry for the late reply but I was little ill, it's winter time :))
These are my setting for A3 handovers and today I will upload logs from TEMS..

ReportConfigEUtraBestCellId

a3offset

hysteresisA3

maxReportCellsA3

reportAmountA3

r16

reportIntervalA3

(MS_240)

reportQuantityA3

(BOTH)

timeToTriggerA3

triggerQuantityA3

(RSRP)

sMeasure

Best regards,

MINTO
2012-01-31, 05:08 PM
ur looking for solution and also dont want to share log file....sorry bro..its a time waiste to support you

BALKY
2012-01-31, 05:34 PM
Sorry MINTO,
I have problems with my TEMS13 installation and for this reasons I will attached file later...
BR

MINTO
2012-01-31, 09:11 PM
first of all..i think u have 11A or less BSS version

a3offset ok
hysteresisA3 0 for cell & ANR both
maxReportCellsA3 is ok...in new bss its maxReportCellspm
reportIntervalA3 ok
reportQuantityA3 ok
timeToTriggerA3 40 is very less make it 320 for cell, for anr 640 is ok
triggerQuantityA3 is ok
sMeasure try to play make it 0.

BALKY
2012-01-31, 10:43 PM
Thank you MINTO...
I will try and give you feedback..
BR,

BALKY
2012-02-02, 04:40 PM
Hi MINTO,
thank you for your assistance !! Intra-LTE Handovers works OK! May be I should tunning some parameters because HO are OK but I faced that there are a lot of ping-pongs...
My next issues are to activate HO between LTE and UMTS and GSM ...
Once again thank you very much !!!

MINTO
2012-02-04, 08:14 AM
thats good...we can discuss that also..but its always batter to share logfile maybe by PM :-)