PDA

View Full Version : Compare network dump for different times!

rfoptman
2012-01-04, 08:27 PM
I'm looking for a solution, probably a macro that can compare network dumps of same network for different days and extract the modified parameters! Sometimes I use Ultra-Compare for this but Its result is too long for Dump evaluation, I need one that extract the changes only. Please anyone can help for this!?

MyVi78
2012-01-04, 10:20 PM
Would love to learn how this can be done as well..

justdream
2012-06-02, 01:33 AM
Dears,
please share your expertise regarding this issue, it's very critical and helpful
Thanks in advance

ashraferto
2012-06-02, 07:24 AM
its different according to vendor types.. we need to specify which vendor we need first... as for example the dump file for NSN with (xml) extension.
anyhow, i will be thanks for every one who can support us with this tool

wernfried
2012-06-03, 05:14 AM
The only commercial tool I know which does similar things is DATASAFE from Aircom, however when you search for it at Aircom website it looks like that this tool is phased out. At least Aircom don't promote it, the links to the pages are dead. The most recent information I found is they sold it in November 2008 to MTN Uganda.

In our networks we use an internally developed tool for such task. The application is build on Oracle database server and imports daily the network data. Of course it is more than just an Excel Macro, it contains several hundred tables in the database. The client is a Windows application.

All changes in network are recorded by the tool and it is used as main configuration tool, i.e. it creates XML Files (resp. CNAI for E******* 2G) to modify parameters, adding/deleting HO-Relations (even accross different vendors) and integrate new sites.

Currently it supports
NSN: 2G and 3G - XML RamlCm Format
E*******: 2G - CNAI and 3G - XML 3GPP BulkCm Format
ZTE: 3G - XML 3GPP BulkCm Format
Huawei 2G and 3G - XML Huawei NBI Format, LTE will come soon

Kind Regards

justdream
2012-06-03, 04:25 PM
The only commercial tool I know which does similar things is DATASAFE from Aircom, however when you search for it at Aircom website it looks like that this tool is phased out. At least Aircom don't promote it, the links to the pages are dead. The most recent information I found is they sold it in November 2008 to MTN Uganda.

In our networks we use an internally developed tool for such task. The application is build on Oracle database server and imports daily the network data. Of course it is more than just an Excel Macro, it contains several hundred tables in the database. The client is a Windows application.

All changes in network are recorded by the tool and it is used as main configuration tool, i.e. it creates XML Files (resp. CNAI for E******* 2G) to modify parameters, adding/deleting HO-Relations (even accross different vendors) and integrate new sites.

Currently it supports
NSN: 2G and 3G - XML RamlCm Format
E*******: 2G - CNAI and 3G - XML 3GPP BulkCm Format
ZTE: 3G - XML 3GPP BulkCm Format
Huawei 2G and 3G - XML Huawei NBI Format, LTE will come soon

Kind Regards

So could you share Aircom Database tool? I mean do you have an old copy of it before being removed from Aircom website..

wernfried
2012-06-04, 02:52 PM
No, I know DATASAFE only from Powerpoint and a life demonstration when we looked for a configuration tool some years ago. At the end we did not choose DATASAFE and went for the internally development tool. Apart from that it's a commercial tool, I would never share such items.

Kind Regards