PDA

View Full Version : LCG Groups in NSN

rosan
2011-12-31, 09:56 AM
Hi NSN Experts,

Please explain the below issue I came across. We have a Flexi NodeB with 9 cells (3 carriers x 3 sectors). Normal configuration is all the F1 cells (3 Cells) are grouped into one LCG and F2 & F3 cells (6 cells) grouped into second LCG. Due to the limited base band resources available on this NodeB for a special event we tried to recommission the NodeB with one sector cells(3 cells F1, F2 & F3) into one LCG with 50% of base band resources and Sector 2 & 3 in second LCG with 50% of BB resources. When we tried to recommission the NodeB a error came up saying " Same frequency cells should be grouped into the same LCG", but in any of the NSN documentation I didn't find such a limitation. Can anyone explain this please?

Thanks in advance.

venom
2011-12-31, 12:14 PM
As per NED, (ref: WRAN Dimensioning WCDMA RU20 Document, attached)

Local cell grouping is needed in large configurations and can be used in multi-operator RAN (MORAN) cases to divide Local cell groups (LCGs) baseband (BB) capacity. It is possible to use MORAN without Local cell grouping and dedicated baseband allocation. In release WBTS6.0, Local cell grouping for Flexi BTS is needed in a case of more than 6 cells per BTS are configured or if more than two cells are configured using Antenna 1 and Antenna 3 for cell from same Rel1 dual radio module (see Figure in attached document Dual radio module, sector configuration type B). It is possible to allocate baseband capacity for LCGs also in the case where same site is divided between several operators (MORAN) and operator want to reserve some dedicated BB capacity for own use.

In Local cell grouping, some of the cells are dedicated to Master System Module and some of the cells to Extension System Module depending on the HW that is used. One frequency layer cells must be dedicated to same (LCG) local cell group.

You can only group the same frequency cells, for example F1 (alpha, beta, gamma sectors) can be grouped in to LCG1 and F2, F3 (alpha beta gamma sectors) can be grouped in to LCG2.

You can also try to group F2 or F3 cells in one LCG group.

I hope it clarifies, thanks

rosan
2011-12-31, 01:46 PM
Thanks Venom. I have gone through all the commissioning documentation etc didn't find this description. Thanks a lot for your time.

As per NED, (ref: WRAN Dimensioning WCDMA RU20 Document, attached)

Local cell grouping is needed in large configurations and can be used in multi-operator RAN (MORAN) cases to divide Local cell groups (LCGs) baseband (BB) capacity. It is possible to use MORAN without Local cell grouping and dedicated baseband allocation. In release WBTS6.0, Local cell grouping for Flexi BTS is needed in a case of more than 6 cells per BTS are configured or if more than two cells are configured using Antenna 1 and Antenna 3 for cell from same Rel1 dual radio module (see Figure in attached document Dual radio module, sector configuration type B). It is possible to allocate baseband capacity for LCGs also in the case where same site is divided between several operators (MORAN) and operator want to reserve some dedicated BB capacity for own use.

In Local cell grouping, some of the cells are dedicated to Master System Module and some of the cells to Extension System Module depending on the HW that is used. One frequency layer cells must be dedicated to same (LCG) local cell group.

You can only group the same frequency cells, for example F1 (alpha, beta, gamma sectors) can be grouped in to LCG1 and F2, F3 (alpha beta gamma sectors) can be grouped in to LCG2.

You can also try to group F2 or F3 cells in one LCG group.

I hope it clarifies, thanks