PDA

View Full Version : Selex/OTE Puma T3

fel32
2011-12-25, 12:35 AM
Does anyone know anything about these radios? They look quite dated and difficult to find any support for.
Anything anyone could tell me about parts, programming, servicing codes, etc would be very helpful.

Cheers,
fel32

uy0101
2012-01-11, 05:39 PM
Quick guide fo rthe atex version: 23654

Regarding servicing codes... as i remember it has the following:
=>power on, press and hold 7 button
it' will show up ID, programmer version and sw release

hope i can help

fel32
2012-01-11, 08:05 PM
Cheers for the reply - That's helpful as at least I know what the TEI and frequency etc. are now.

Any ideas about software anybody?

- Thanks, fel

kntrbnt
2012-01-12, 06:08 PM
Hi,

Besides mentioned longpress on key 7 where you can get info on MNI, SSI, Ch, LA, RSSI, firmware (Boot, SW and FW release), programming SW Rel, TEI and authentication status, there're some keypad shortcuts: longpress 3 toggles group scanning, longpress 4 starts new SDS message, longpress 5 toggles Late entry, longpress 0 enables choosing between different modes: direct, trunked and analog, longpress * enables setting Fading on level and longpress # enables choosing the priority (normal, high, pre-emptive). Some of the mentioned shortcuts depends on how the terminal is programmed.

Regarding the programming of PumaT3 you need the ususal stuff: programming cable, HASP key and programming SW (called PRP), where version of PRP depends on the terminal FW. That way you'd need several PRP's installed in case you have terminals with different FW's used. Check the link for PumaT3 user guide, technical data, PRP description and not the latest PRP manual:

http://www.2shared.com/file/F_DMdNHW/PumaT3.html

Best Regards,

kntrbnt

fel32
2012-01-13, 01:08 AM
Hi,Thanks - this is excellent information! So it sounds like without the HASP key the software doesn't work, and making a cable might be more difficult than I anticipated...

Does anyone have any binaries of the software around to have a play with by any chance?

Cheers anyway, really helpful, kntrbnt - Thanked + rep'd- fel