PDA

View Full Version : Query Dell Laptop D620

Piscean21
2011-12-24, 12:40 AM
Dear All,
I don't know whether it is a right place to ask such a question here or not.But I am facing a strange problem with my Dell D620 laptop.

When i start up the laptop, its mouse works but keyboard doesn't when I am to enter the password. When I press any key it gives beep that means it is in working order.

Even I tried to enter into BIOS but F2 is not working:(

As there are lot of genius here, so I am expecting quick solution to my problem. Please help me out.

mandeel2010
2011-12-28, 07:34 PM
Hi Piscean21

Try an external keyboard to the USB

wnsworld
2011-12-28, 07:38 PM
Go into Safe Mode, Device manager and remove all instances of the KB [Keyboard], Now reboot to windows, then after the drivers are installed, test the KB.

BR//
WNS..

wnsworld
2011-12-28, 07:40 PM
If you get a beep when you press a key, then the keyboard is likely working, but Windows is rejecting the keystrokes for some reason. Does the keyboard work normally when you go into the BIOS setup? You could also try booting a bootable CD (Windows setup or Linux) just to see if the keyboard works there. Also, try running the on-screen keyboard program and see what happens when you try to use that. Start, Run, OS

BR//
WNS..

wnsworld
2011-12-28, 07:44 PM
Its may be malware issues, either leftovers or the malware has messed up your system files. you need to verify that all malware is cleaned off first, and then deal with damaged or missing system files.

Try to find out its hardware problem or software problem,,,

Good Luck

BR//
WNS..

hp3hp3
2011-12-28, 08:08 PM
work your key in Bios Screen ?

Piscean21
2011-12-29, 02:05 AM
Dear wnsworld,
Actually I can't go in the safe mode as well as none of my keyboard's keys is working.They are only generating beeps:-(

Yes with the beep I myself gets the impression that keyboard is likely in working condition but for some reason it is rejecting keystrokes.I can't even go into the BIOS setup:(

I will try with the bootable Cd as you sugested.

Dear Mandeel,
I will try with the external keyboard as well.