PDA

View Full Version : HCS in 3G

drJaser
2009-01-16, 03:59 AM
My operator has 3 carriers so I defined 1st one for Umbrella layer, 2nd one for normal traffic layer and 3rd I saved for pico-cells.. It is pure 3G network so there is no inter-system HO's. I am facing cell reselection problem because obviously all those offset threshold values are not correctly set.

So I am searching for any useful documents regarding HCS, parameter definitions, examples.. whatever connected to that topic.

maybe a tip from other RF planners? any info is welcomed..

br.

wolverine
2009-01-16, 07:57 AM
Hi,

Even though HCS is defined since 3GPP R99, it is only now that RAN vendors are implementing it. This means that you might run into UEs interoperability issues as well since UE protocol stacks have never been tested against this.

If you have some labs in the operator you work for I would test a few UEs from different protocol stacks (Qualcomm, EMP, Nokia etc) to make sure that HCS parameters such as priority, timers etc are adhered to.

You might also want to look up the 3GPP spec 25.304 "User Equipment (UE) procedures in idle mode and procedures for cell reselection in connected mode" for descriptions of all the HCS parameters that affect reselections