PDA

View Full Version : Automated Tabs in MapInfo

Piscean21
2011-12-17, 06:48 PM
Can some please guide me how can i make automated Tabs in Mapinfo.
I mean to say that I don't want to create new vector TAB every time a new site is launched or some modification is done in existing sites.
Is there some way I can add new site or modify parameters of existing sites in the already created vector TAB??

ventinel
2011-12-18, 07:12 PM
first u need to open table list from the "Table" tab. then right click and select "Browse". Then u can modify or by right clicking u can "add row" for new cell.

Piscean21
2011-12-18, 08:05 PM
Can you please elaborate further?

josogun2
2011-12-18, 10:24 PM
right click and select "Browse" on existing table. Then u can modify or by right clicking u can "add row" for new cell.

Can you please elaborate further?

Piscean21
2011-12-20, 02:37 AM
Dear josogun2,
on right clicking the table i can find only two options i.e new row & pick field.Moreover, new row option is disabled. can you please explain step wise?

right click and select "Browse" on existing table. Then u can modify or by right clicking u can "add row" for new cell.

D33T0X
2011-12-20, 04:27 AM
Hi man,

First of all you need to make your table editable. After that open it in a browser info. Then you can modify anything you need there - however some of the fields used for geocoding will be modified but the changes will not be visible on map (lat, long, azimuth, beamwidth). As well new sites will not be visible on the map if you simple enter the info in a browser. If you intend to change data that needs geocoding you need to edit the file from which you create the tab and then re-import it. Alternatively - get Mapbasic knowledge - makes life much easier.

Piscean21
2011-12-21, 02:59 AM
Any good document to get running start on Mapbasic?

Hi man,

First of all you need to make your table editable. After that open it in a browser info. Then you can modify anything you need there - however some of the fields used for geocoding will be modified but the changes will not be visible on map (lat, long, azimuth, beamwidth). As well new sites will not be visible on the map if you simple enter the info in a browser. If you intend to change data that needs geocoding you need to edit the file from which you create the tab and then re-import it. Alternatively - get Mapbasic knowledge - makes life much easier.