PDA

View Full Version : Question: Query on interference between two MS operating on same frequency-GPRS

kartheek
2011-12-13, 10:36 AM
Hi,

I have a query regarding interference in GPRS.

Supposing I have 2 MS operating on same frequency in a particular cell.

This leads to interference between the 2 MS, decreasing the C/I constant.

To make up for this both the MS powers are increased trying to keep the C/I constant.

This inturn increases the interference again. How do the MS come out of this ping pong situation?

Is this situation viable or a gap in my understanding?

Thanks in advance.
Kartheek.

kartheek
2011-12-13, 11:37 AM
Hi,

In case the query is confusing....

What I am actually trying to find out is how to reduce the instability caused in different MS due to co channel interference.Where to maintain C/I const the MS power increases and interference too increases.

The earlier post was talking about same cell...pls ignore.

Thanks
Kartheek.

jayk
2011-12-14, 12:57 AM
Hi,

In case the query is confusing....

What I am actually trying to find out is how to reduce the instability caused in different MS due to co channel interference.Where to maintain C/I const the MS power increases and interference too increases.

The earlier post was talking about same cell...pls ignore.

Thanks
Kartheek.

Solution is to clear the interference. It is the reason why KPI's degrades in Co Channel interference.

kartheek
2011-12-14, 11:12 AM
Hi Jayk....Thanks for the reply...

How can we decrease this co channel interference w.r.t. power control.

Will implementing a power control scheme alongwith a frequency hopping scheme help?

Regards,
Kartheek.

jayk
2011-12-15, 01:24 AM
Freq Hopping and Power control both helps in improving quality in network and reducing interference. Power control helps to maintain RxLev/RxQual for Mobiles in specified ranges. but if there is Co Channel interference then POC will not help. If it is known that there is Co Channel interference then best solution is to rectify it.