PDA

View Full Version : Question Huawei Parameters Question

paladin3056
2011-12-05, 10:42 AM
I would like to ask what the following parameters mean: (this parameters are from 3G)

LAC PLMNVALTAGMIN
LAC PLMNVALMAX
RAC PLMNVALTAGMIN
LAC PLMNVALTAGMIN
RAC PLMNVALMAX

I already searched through the help of M2000 and it doesn't seem to be there. Will have to try though my other Huawei docs but I would also like to ask for your help in the matter.

Your help is appreciated, thanks!

jayk
2011-12-05, 02:14 PM
I would like to ask what the following parameters mean: (this parameters are from 3G)

LAC PLMNVALTAGMIN
LAC PLMNVALMAX
RAC PLMNVALTAGMIN
LAC PLMNVALTAGMIN
RAC PLMNVALMAX

I already searched through the help of M2000 and it doesn't seem to be there. Will have to try though my other Huawei docs but I would also like to ask for your help in the matter.

Your help is appreciated, thanks!

PLMN Value Tag is included in MIB & SIB1. If PLMN value tag changes in MIB, it indicates UE to update SIB infos. LAs are defined with different PLMN tag so that UE could do SIB update as LA is changes. PLMN value tag also changes(within the range provided) when any idle mode parameter is changed, giving indication to UE to update SIB information.

Regards Jack, Add repos if you find helpful.

paladin3056
2011-12-05, 04:49 PM
So what are the ideal values for these parameters?

jayk
2011-12-06, 01:53 AM
So what are the ideal values for these parameters?

Range of PLMNTAGValue is 1~256. Divide Equally in your LAC and RAC, like Total no. of LAC+RAC is 16 then define 1~16, 17~32, 33~48.....241~256.

Jack, Add Repo if you find helpful