PDA

View Full Version : High/Low violation

proy1_10
2011-12-04, 07:37 PM
How to assess the impact on the violation of the criterion of high and low in a microwave?

byja
2011-12-04, 08:55 PM
I believe there is no way to assess it with some sort of calculations, in a way that you calculate standard cases of interference. The reason for this is that you usually have antennas that are really close, so we're talking Fresnel region here, standard RPEs do not apply. You can only guess what's the isolation between two antennas. Second, you have frequency sepparation between Tx from one radio and Rx from the other that is probably not covered by any T/I curves or values.
Therefore, the only thing that you have left are rules-of-thumb. So put some vertical sepparation between the antennas, put some nice angle between them as well (see for which angle gain hits minimum for the smaller of two antennas), and try to avoid ~180 deg Hi/Lo violations cause you might end up with overshooting.
Are we talking access links or long haul here?

proy1_10
2011-12-05, 02:30 AM
We're talking about 2 microwaves working@15 GHz, QPSK 7 MHz, 8 Mbps and 17 (first link) and 16,4 kms (second one)
Can I apply for the second one, other polarization and a far enough channel (distance =15 *7MHz channels)?

As always very very thanks byja
BR

proy1_10
2011-12-05, 02:32 AM
Sorry admin, double post

byja
2011-12-05, 09:44 AM
For such low capacity links I wouldn't even bother worrying. :)
Anyway, do it like you said. If you're using standard 728 MHz duplex spacing channel plan, you should put some distance between channels. And try to put the antennas on different heights.