PDA

View Full Version : A simple distributed autonomous power control algorithm and its convergence

ptt3i
2011-11-25, 11:31 AM
For wireless cellular communication systems, one seeks a simple effective means of power control of signals associated with randomly dispersed users that are reusing a single channel in different cells. By effecting the lowest interference environment, in meeting a required minimum signal-to-interference ratio of ρ per user, channel reuse is maximized. Distributed procedures for doing this are of special interest, since the centrally administered alternative requires added infrastructure, latency, and network vulnerability. Successful distributed powering entails guiding the evolution of the transmitted power level of each of the signals, using only focal measurements, so that eventually all users meet the ρ requirement. The local per channel power measurements include that of the intended signal as well as the undesired interference from other users (plus receiver noise). For a certain simple distributed type of algorithm, whenever power settings exist for which all users meet the ρ requirement, the authors demonstrate exponentially fast convergence to these settings.

Link: http://www.multiupload.com/NYSBINEB4I

BRs,
ptt3i.