PDA

View Full Version : Question How to improve PS DL Avg Troughput

dodotiro
2011-11-24, 05:23 PM
dear expert ?

i have a UMTS cell that only have PS AVG TROUGHPUT onli 25 kbps ? how can i improve that troughput ?

jayk
2011-11-24, 09:10 PM
dear expert ?

i have a UMTS cell that only have PS AVG TROUGHPUT onli 25 kbps ? how can i improve that troughput ?

Throughput can always be improved..You have to find the reason of low throughput... Share you investigations for low throughput... what KPI have you referred?

zeezzoo
2011-11-25, 08:13 AM
hey buddy ,

in order to help you have to share more info like :

DL is on HSDPA or R99 ?
what is the throughput KPI you are using ?
the throughput value is on the peak hour or on daily basis ?

dodotiro
2011-11-26, 12:30 AM
hey buddy ,

in order to help you have to share more info like :

DL is on HSDPA or R99 ?
what is the throughput KPI you are using ?
the throughput value is on the peak hour or on daily basis ?

this is R99 throughput. i am using this KPI = sum of ( VS.bkg.dl.32 + VS.int.dl.32 + ..+ 384 ). the result is DL throughput is not more 25 kbps, while UL Throughput reach ~120 kbps. i've check other KPI such as CSSR, CCSR ,RTWP, IUB utilization, IUB configuration are just fine.

is there anything else that i have to check /

jayk
2011-11-26, 01:11 AM
this is R99 throughput. i am using this KPI = sum of ( VS.bkg.dl.32 + VS.int.dl.32 + ..+ 384 ). the result is DL throughput is not more 25 kbps, while UL Throughput reach ~120 kbps. i've check other KPI such as CSSR, CCSR ,RTWP, IUB utilization, IUB configuration are just fine.

is there anything else that i have to check /

How about these counters?

VS.PS.Bkg.Kbps.DL8, VS.PS.Bkg.Kbps.DL16,VS.PS.Bkg.Kbps.DL32.....VS.PS.Bkg.Kbps.DL384
VS.PS.Int.Kbps.DL8,VS.PS.Int.Kbps.DL16......................................VS.PS.Int.Kbps.DL384
VS.PS.Str.Kbps.DL8..................................................................VS.PS.Str.Kbps.DL384

zeezzoo
2011-11-26, 08:54 AM
i think you missed typing the names of the counters . the names should be as jayk said .

if yes , then as you said those are only R99 counters ==> maybe most of your traffic is carried by HSDPA (if it's activated , or HSPA+) .

in case of HSDPA (no HSUPA) ==>
- DL R99 traffic will be small
- UL R99 traffic will be bigger than DL R99 traffic .
- HSDPA will carry most of the traffic where by Huawei default settings : each RAB with MBR >= 64Kbps will be mapped to HSDPA .

for HSDPA check this kpi :
HSDPA RLC Throughput=VS.HSDPA.MeanChThroughput.TotalBytes*8/{SP*60}/1000 ....... (R12 KPI)

dodotiro
2011-11-29, 11:46 AM
i think you missed typing the names of the counters . the names should be as jayk said .

if yes , then as you said those are only R99 counters ==> maybe most of your traffic is carried by HSDPA (if it's activated , or HSPA+) .

in case of HSDPA (no HSUPA) ==>
- DL R99 traffic will be small
- UL R99 traffic will be bigger than DL R99 traffic .
- HSDPA will carry most of the traffic where by Huawei default settings : each RAB with MBR >= 64Kbps will be mapped to HSDPA .

for HSDPA check this kpi :
HSDPA RLC Throughput=VS.HSDPA.MeanChThroughput.TotalBytes*8/{SP*60}/1000 ....... (R12 KPI)

i see. so every traffic >64kbps will be switched to HSDPA, isn't it ? that is why PS UL Troughput can reach 128 kbps, but DL only 25 kbps .
another question (wild thinking). is there any idea to improve it , let say i want minimum PS DL Troughput 128 kbps, above it will be switched HSDPA.

what paramater i must set to fulfill that condition ?

jayk
2011-11-29, 01:08 PM
i see. so every traffic >64kbps will be switched to HSDPA, isn't it ? that is why PS UL Troughput can reach 128 kbps, but DL only 25 kbps .
another question (wild thinking). is there any idea to improve it , let say i want minimum PS DL Troughput 128 kbps, above it will be switched HSDPA.

DlBeTraffThsOnHsdpa is parameter. You can change it from D64 to D128, But that may effect user perception.

agenov
2011-11-29, 01:34 PM
i would suggest you to push as much traffic as you can on high speed.

zeezzoo
2011-11-29, 08:06 PM
It's recommended to push more ps traffic on HS because it will provide more capacity (# of users) , throughput & resource utilization .

paulus
2012-10-31, 03:34 PM
Hi all..

It's true that pushing the User to use HS than R99..

The problem is, that we have KPI management to reach for R99 throughput..

I also have the same issue.. DL is around 50 kbps.. but KPI target shouldbe 150 kbps..

My cluster is not RNC cluster, so I can't just change the DlBeTraffThsOnHsdpa setting value..

Any idea please?..

Thanks//Paul

paulus
2012-11-01, 07:34 PM
Hi Agenov,

I have some cells, in which the PS DL Throughput is always below 64 kbps... In RNC, the setting of DLBETRAFFTHSONHSDPA is D128.

I also have checked the RABTYPE of the RNC is already consistent (created and activated) for PS Domain.

So far, unrecommended way to make the user to use PS is by limitating MaxHsdpaUserNb based on HSDPAUEMaxCell..

Any idea what parameter should I check to improve that cells?

Thanks alot
BR//Paul