PDA

View Full Version : After 360 seconds call release

clearcincom
2011-11-24, 02:20 AM
Hi,

Currently I'm working on a NSN GSM-R network with NSN SR14 and BR10. We just started the drive testing and now we experience a call release after 360 seconds. No matter the call type or destination, the call is always released after 6 minutes.

The following was derived from a MSC trace:
EVENT_NUMBER : 5904

RR_CAUSE_VALUE = CAU_PROTOCOL_ERROR_BETW_BSC_MSC

EVENT_NUMBER : 1464

REASON_FOR_CALL_FAILURE = RF_NO_SCCP_CONNECTION_TO_BS

Anybody any idea? All conversation duriation timers in the MSC are set to OFFCALL.

Kind Regards,
Martijn

zhanglw268
2011-11-24, 05:23 AM
Check the sccp Tiar and sccp Tias timers at MSC and BSCs, they maybe set incorrectly, also check your SCCP setup to see why the SCCP link is not active during the call.

louvre
2011-11-24, 06:48 AM
Mostly someone has set the call length timer incorrectly surely i think they forgot one zero in that timer, generally most network has this timer set to 60 min or 90 min, later one is more prevalent.. thats the best place to start with....

plannerguy
2011-11-24, 08:03 PM
Hi

In our network , there is deafult settng in SWitch to clear the calls when it hits 3600 sec. the same will be normal relaese intaited at switch end.

it is done to save the capacity, has some one may accidentaly press call button and may lead to use of resource.

Regards
Plannegruy

melkaiy
2011-11-24, 09:11 PM
are you using prepaid of postpaid for long calls? becaus ethe priority is always the postpaid and if you are using prepaid with promo you noticed that there is a constant call end. This is to save the capacity.

If u found this useful please add reps if u like :)

parsarka
2011-11-26, 02:44 PM
Check the sccp Tiar and sccp Tias timers at MSC and BSCs, they maybe set incorrectly, also check your SCCP setup to see why the SCCP link is not active during the call.
Please let me know if there are T305 & T308 timers in Nokia MSC just like in Huawei/E******* MSC which can be modified to reduce TCH Drops in the air interface