PDA

View Full Version : Question 3G high load scenario for RAN12

agenov
2011-11-15, 03:55 PM
guys,Do you have documentation or can provide strategy scenario for extremely high load situation like forthcomong NY eve for RAN12 in the meaning of protection mechanism, algorithms, paramteres and etc. at different levels cell,nodeb and rnc?BR

jayk
2011-11-21, 06:29 AM
I do not have detailed documentation for actions to be taken but generally we do mentioned actions. Expected high load cells/sites can be selected to change load control parameters. IAC can be enabled, IRAT Ho could be given priority in load scenarios, no. of UE for IRAT HO can be increased. CE of Hot spot cells can be increased.

agenov
2011-11-21, 02:21 PM
That's Ok, Have you done some specific settings/functions and which ones in order to protect in addition the RNC from both sides CN and RAN?

I do not have detailed documentation for actions to be taken but generally we do mentioned actions. Expected high load cells/sites can be selected to change load control parameters. IAC can be enabled, IRAT Ho could be given priority in load scenarios, no. of UE for IRAT HO can be increased. CE of Hot spot cells can be increased.

jayk
2011-11-22, 04:48 AM
That's Ok, Have you done some specific settings/functions and which ones in order to protect in addition the RNC from both sides CN and RAN?

Enable below mentioned functions/features if not enabled earlier
-RRC Redirection for Service Steering on Inter RAT Cells
-RRC DRD
-RRC Redirection After DRD Failure- on Inter RAT Cells

-Enable DRD for RAB Setup
-Enable Rate Negotiation at Admission Control.
You need to enable LDR for all resources. If it is enabled then review parameters and optimize it for hot-spots sites.

all parameters are Huawei specific. Add reputation if you find it helpful.

agenov
2011-11-22, 02:24 PM
All these are enaled already. You know there are some algorithms that protect the RNC if load become high enough. Have you tried to do some tuning on these parameters'?

Enable below mentioned functions/features if not enabled earlier
-RRC Redirection for Service Steering on Inter RAT Cells
-RRC DRD
-RRC Redirection After DRD Failure- on Inter RAT Cells

-Enable DRD for RAB Setup
-Enable Rate Negotiation at Admission Control.
You need to enable LDR for all resources. If it is enabled then review parameters and optimize it for hot-spots sites.

all parameters are Huawei specific. Add reputation if you find it helpful.

jayk
2011-11-23, 01:24 AM
All these are enaled already. You know there are some algorithms that protect the RNC if load become high enough. Have you tried to do some tuning on these parameters'?

RNC load .... are you talking about CPU load on different boards? but I did not heard about any parameters for that.

agenov
2011-11-23, 02:52 AM
Yeap, CPU/messages load for different boards in the RNC. Someone have experience and did someting different than default settings ??

RNC load .... are you talking about CPU load on different boards? but I did not heard about any parameters for that.