PDA

View Full Version : RSRP and RSRQ

jbada
2011-11-14, 09:02 PM
Hi Forum

I would like to ask your opinion about nominal planning for LTE (10 MHz) in a big cities for RSRP and RSRQ and maybe SINR

I am currently working in a nominal plan and I consider the following values for indoor coverage

RSRP >= -120 dBm at 90% coverage area

RSRQ >=-18 dB at 100% load at 80% coverage area

SINR >= -3 dB

Do you thing this values are OK or not?

How can we calculate more accurately?

Can anyone share some values for outdoor cov?

Thanks forum

CoolOptimisation
2011-12-06, 12:26 AM
It depends:

-cluster type?
-throughput target at the cell edge?

EngSoft
2011-12-06, 12:30 AM
Its a nice topic , If you can please give some details on how your doung the link budget , so we all can learn from it :)

jbada
2011-12-06, 12:34 AM
Hi

These values are for Nominal Planning to try to achieve maximum THPUT in the whole cluster. Several clutter types have been considered.

CoolOptimisation
2011-12-09, 05:06 PM
Hi,

In a data network, the approach to the link budget is a bit different.
The network would be desing according to the desire througput at the cell edge for that cluster. (not according to the coverage)
From theoretical point of view, if u want to know the througput at the cell edge, with that SINR, use the Shannon formula graph.

In order to know the maximun throughput in one specific cluster u would need to do predictions. (statics or Montecarlo)

BTW, RSRQ is not really take into account on the link budget.

I have post a few LTE link budgets, maybe they could be helpful.

MINTO
2011-12-09, 09:07 PM
hi Jbada,

these values are discussed with customer, values which u hv showed are just ok..not so good.

AT&T use these values for the design, but some other operators goes for mach batter design.

i think you will be doing the calculation based on monte carlo , the traffic plot is usually a 1 day traffic based.

in LTE , number of servers are the very important.

dodotiro
2012-06-08, 12:09 PM
hi Jbada,

these values are discussed with customer, values which u hv showed are just ok..not so good.

AT&T use these values for the design, but some other operators goes for mach batter design.

i think you will be doing the calculation based on monte carlo , the traffic plot is usually a 1 day traffic based.

in LTE , number of servers are the very important.

do you have nominal value for the KPI ?