PDA

View Full Version : About Raw file in Netact system

des118
2011-11-12, 12:27 PM
Now, we're working with Netact with 2G, 3G integrate same Netact system. When we're integrating, BSC or RNC must enable measurement function (Counter for KPI report), and push that Measurement to Netact system over OMS. But i don't know where're the Measurement raw file stored in BSC or RNC??? How to get it, I think we must use SFTP or ....??? Plz help me know. Thanks all,

louvre
2011-11-12, 07:23 PM
Hi Des,

Don't worry about where the files are located in the system. To get any measurement from 2G or 3G actually you need to activate in the BSC/RNC, it can be done by 2 ways 1. MML 2. NetAct.

I will not recommend you to use MML as there are chances you will miss something.

Using NetAct it is very easy, please use the Administration of Measurement in the NetAct interface this is found under monitoring.

In AoM please select the NW element you would like to activate under and then create plan in it for the measurement you would like to have activated and then start the plan,

this will activate the plan in all necessary places and measurement places.

after the set interval in measurement plan the plan will transfer the data from BSC to NetAct, which in return will process the data and return the values in KPI.

please note there are interval period like 15/60/720/1440 mins, based on this interval period the data will be available KPI. Also most of the KPI that involves processing the NetAct will not be available on the top of the hour but will be available after a delay. this delay can exists btw 15 min to 1H 30 Min as this is completely dependent on the processing power of the system and the load on it.!!! also 15 min reports are not available after every 15 min, but available after the completion of the hour with delay added until some changes has been done by the OSS team!!

Hope it is useful :)

des118
2011-11-12, 08:08 PM
thanks Man,

Our BSC/RNC were integrated in Netact system. I have got raw file (Measurement report from BSC and RNC) from Netact system. But when have problem with DCN, and I want to connect to BSC or RNC to get raw_file, but i don't know the directory of those files.

And more question, where the MML log, alarm log, Netact log were stored???

louvre
2011-11-12, 09:12 PM
Hi,

i would strongly advises you against doing a direct connection to disks of the BSC/ RNC as lot of things can go wrong, but precaution and proper tools you are welcome to do so, please take advice from your BSC/RNC engineer about what tool they are using to connect to the BSC/RNC mostly it will be TFT. for location of the BSC file there is a directory called BSCSTA where you can find the measurement / observation and other files related to it.!! Depending on what setting has been done in measurement and on the BSC the data availability for previous few day will differ!! For RNC there should be a similar directory!!.

For gettting the raw data out of NetAct you need have SQl Developer installed in Server and then you need to make connection to CS Server where you have to do database connectivity. from this interface you can get all raw data stored in the NetAct.

paboya
2011-11-12, 11:20 PM
Hi Des,

Don't worry about where the files are located in the system. To get any measurement from 2G or 3G actually you need to activate in the BSC/RNC, it can be done by 2 ways 1. MML 2. NetAct.

I will not recommend you to use MML as there are chances you will miss something.

Using NetAct it is very easy, please use the Administration of Measurement in the NetAct interface this is found under monitoring.

In AoM please select the NW element you would like to activate under and then create plan in it for the measurement you would like to have activated and then start the plan,

this will activate the plan in all necessary places and measurement places.

after the set interval in measurement plan the plan will transfer the data from BSC to NetAct, which in return will process the data and return the values in KPI.

please note there are interval period like 15/60/720/1440 mins, based on this interval period the data will be available KPI. Also most of the KPI that involves processing the NetAct will not be available on the top of the hour but will be available after a delay. this delay can exists btw 15 min to 1H 30 Min as this is completely dependent on the processing power of the system and the load on it.!!! also 15 min reports are not available after every 15 min, but available after the completion of the hour with delay added until some changes has been done by the OSS team!!

Hope it is useful :)

bro,

could u make guidelines in ppt maybe
or screen capture

des118
2011-11-13, 01:03 AM
Hi,

i would strongly advises you against doing a direct connection to disks of the BSC/ RNC as lot of things can go wrong, but precaution and proper tools you are welcome to do so, please take advice from your BSC/RNC engineer about what tool they are using to connect to the BSC/RNC mostly it will be TFT. for location of the BSC file there is a directory called BSCSTA where you can find the measurement / observation and other files related to it.!! Depending on what setting has been done in measurement and on the BSC the data availability for previous few day will differ!! For RNC there should be a similar directory!!.

For gettting the raw data out of NetAct you need have SQl Developer installed in Server and then you need to make connection to CS Server where you have to do database connectivity. from this interface you can get all raw data stored in the NetAct.

Thanks man,

But it in trial, so i can try everything to get more knowledge... Help me to know the directory..and where MML log saved??? thanks

louvre
2011-11-13, 05:05 AM
Hi,

What MML logs are you looking for as no MML Logs are stored by the BSC but it has information about what MML command has been executed in the BSC by any user. But to access this info you need system access.!!

BSCSTA is a directory in the BSC so u need to log into it with the mentioned software or similar software then you can access the directory.

des118
2011-11-13, 11:48 AM
Hi,

What MML logs are you looking for as no MML Logs are stored by the BSC but it has information about what MML command has been executed in the BSC by any user. But to access this info you need system access.!!

BSCSTA is a directory in the BSC so u need to log into it with the mentioned software or similar software then you can access the directory.

Thanks for your help,

Do u have docs about Netact OSS 5.3, RNC, BSC or old version ? Present about structure HW, data... because NED is a big library, difficult to find anything.

louvre
2011-11-15, 05:18 AM
Thanks for your help,Do u have docs about Netact OSS 5.3, RNC, BSC or old version ? Present about structure HW, data... because NED is a big library, difficult to find anything.Hi Des,Some has posted some detailed document of NetAct,Hope you find it useful.http://www.finetopix.com/showthread.php?21112-NetAct-OSS-5.2 please don't forget to appreciate the person who have posted the thread and document which has been uploaded later on in the thread. its for NetAct 5.3Hope it is useful for you.