PDA

View Full Version : ATDI ICS Telecom Map Conversion With Global Mapper & ATDI Plugin

bikplaboi
2011-11-11, 08:00 PM
Hi Guys,

I have managed to convert free mapping data from http://www.gdem.aster.ersdac.or.jp/index.jsp to *.geo format to use in ATDI ICS Telecom successfully now. For those still having trouble just go to the above website select the tiles of the area of your interest download these and extract them to a folder. Then load the DEM files into Global as you would with any other DEM file.

After you have loaded the map data go to TOOLS>CONFIGURE>PROJECTION:

Your setting for your projection should be:

1) Projection: UTM
2) Zone: (that should be automatically detected by global mapper using the files you have loaded once your select "UTM" in projection field)
3) DATUM: WGS84
4) PLANAR UNITS: Meters

than go to export elevation data from file menu and export to ATDI terrain file (*.geo) remember ATDI global mapper plugin must be installed and used to export to .GEO file

The map data that was downloaded from the above website is ASTER GDEM with 30m resolution and 1-arc second for your information. I have tried to cross reference my exported map data against google earth coordinates and they look ok..perhaps someone else can try and verify if this the correct way to convert and use in ATDI.

Thanks,

bikplaboi...

val2032
2011-11-11, 09:08 PM
good job...I will try to make geo map from aster and compare with know coordinates. Next days I'll post here the results.