PDA

View Full Version : Question configuring 2nd Carrier for HSPA in Huawei

gageloz
2011-11-01, 09:18 PM
Hi experts;

In a 3G network with two carriers how can we configure the 2nd carrrier for HS RABs.What kind of parameter, algoritms and neighbor relations we should configure.Can u help?

jayk
2011-11-01, 11:37 PM
I have attached a file, explaining basic of 2nd carrier strategy. I hope it will help..please inform if you need more details.

agenov
2011-11-01, 11:37 PM
Hi experts;

In a 3G network with two carriers how can we configure the 2nd carrrier for HS RABs.What kind of parameter, algoritms and neighbor relations we should configure.Can u help?

Activate DRD, Blind HO neighbours between F1 and F2, and different priorities for HSPA in SPG used for F1 and F2 cells.

BR

rffreeconsult
2011-11-02, 08:23 AM
HO Strategy: HO from F1 to F2 for co-site sectors only, Neighbors for F1-sectors to neighboring sectors on F1 only, same for F2 sectors to neighboring F2-sectors. It will reduce the unnecessary & redundant neighbors (Remember there is a max limit for neighbor number).

Preferred HO for F2: GSM

Traffic repartition: Voice+R99 on F1& HSPA on F2...The reason is the Highspeed data carrier will behave differently when on HSPA call (In order to increase throughput, can activate dual-carrier feature in for doubling HSPA speed)

gageloz
2011-11-03, 01:57 AM
I have attached a file, explaining basic of 2nd carrier strategy. I hope it will help..please inform if you need more details.

Hi;

if you have detail info please share.;)

gageloz
2011-11-03, 02:00 AM
Activate DRD, Blind HO neighbours between F1 and F2, and different priorities for HSPA in SPG used for F1 and F2 cells.

BR

Can you explain the SPG.I have not heard this term before.
I now DRD and blind HO relations but is there any parameter that we should set and what isthe affects.If you detail info and docs please share

Thanx for your support;)

jayk
2011-11-12, 03:29 AM
Can you explain the SPG.I have not heard this term before.
I now DRD and blind HO relations but is there any parameter that we should set and what isthe affects.If you detail info and docs please share

Thanx for your support;)

SPG means Service Priority Group. SPG provides priority to different services on different carriers.

like in the attached example HSPA requests will be directed to F2 and R99 calls will remain on F1 carrier.