PDA

View Full Version : Original career tips

sheb2004
2011-10-11, 08:11 PM
Hello to all u experienced and professional guides,,

DEAL ALL I WANNA KNOW THAT IF I AM GNG TO START MY CAREER IN LTE RF PLANNING AND OPTIMISATION SHUD I HAVE MUST SOME EXPERIENCE IN 2G AND 3G NETWORK TOO???OR ITS GNG TO BE A COMPLETELY NEW SCENARIO WHICH HAS NOTHNG TO DEALT WITH THE PREVIOUS ROLLED NETWORK????

THANKS

NEED UR PRECIOUS SUGGESTION AND GUIDANCE:(:(

Processor
2011-10-11, 11:50 PM
2G and 3G planning and optimization knowledge is a huge added advantage and value

mike
2011-10-12, 12:40 PM
you will not receive a significant salary for just being an LTE Engineer, this demostrate that you do not know nothing about RF and wireless communcations. a deep knowledge about UMTS is more valuable because LTE is the evolution of the UMTS network. LTE is not an isolated technology. Think for example what would you do if there is a problem of handover between LTE-GSM, LTE-WIMAX, LTE-UMTS?. Operators need engineers that can help them to solve problems with their current technology while they decide to deploy LTE or not.

sheb2004
2011-10-12, 02:34 PM
Dear Sir,,

That was very informative but i have heard that LTE is gng to be a standalone network for packet access only there is nthng it is gng to be backward compatibility with either 2G or 3G.Please clear my myth.

PLEASE CLEAR WHAT SHUD I DO????

becoz iam truly a new one and really luking forward to bulid my career as an RF Planning & Optimization Engineer .

SEEKING ADVISED FRM EXPERT TOO>>>>>>

THANKS

mike
2011-10-13, 01:57 AM
With every release defined by the 3GPP from R99 to the implementation of HSPA+ the techniques used for to get high speed rates are similar. I mean, the kind of modulation, multiplexing techniques,physical channels, etc.so, No backward compatibility means that all these techniques will change in order to improve the user speed rate for emerging applications such as quadruple play services, or video calls with skype for example. Now, the success of LTE over WIMAX (which I considere a more mature technology than LTE) is precisely the backward support for the GPRS/EDGE, and UMTS network. If an LTE mobile user is moved to a place where there is not LTE coverage, it should easily perform the IRAT handover back to UMTS or GSM in order to mantain the connection. Any speed rate is better than nothing. This LTE characteristic until now is not possible with IEEE802.16e mobile wimax, that is the reason why mobile operators prefer LTE over wimax.

LaserSport
2011-10-13, 02:15 AM
Hi,
In my opinion previous knowledge on any mobile radio system will be a big advantage, even if not in planning area. But I now people starting the career on LTE, a good colleage/tutor will help a lot.

Regards