PDA

View Full Version : KML or KMZ To Excel Converter needed

Moudj
2011-10-05, 12:12 AM
Dear All;
is there any converter which can convert KML or KMZ Data to Excel sheet, i have to generate a list of sites (links) with coordinate and comments in Excel Sheet, is it possible?:L

Dimitris_Z
2011-10-05, 12:36 AM
You need to convert the kml/kmz to mapinfo tab format and after from mapifo table to xls

echomoon
2011-10-05, 03:52 AM
As KML is actully just XML, Excel can open it directly. Just type
"*.kml" in the filename in the Open File Dialog, find and open your
file(s).

I guess then once in KML you will copy/paste it into one document, and
convert it into some form of CSV:)

best regards

telwind
2011-10-05, 09:49 AM
kmlcsv converter can do it very well for you.

freakturd06
2011-10-05, 04:44 PM
How about excel macro converting cell data directly to kml file like the one shared here for RxLev and Qual without using MAPINFO plug-ins.

Please share if you have.

justdream
2011-10-13, 04:47 AM
kmlcsv converter can do it very well for you.

Please share KMLCSV converter?
Thanks

telwind
2011-10-13, 07:57 AM
Dear All;
is there any converter which can convert KML or KMZ Data to Excel sheet, i have to generate a list of sites (links) with coordinate and comments in Excel Sheet, is it possible?:L

KMLCSV converter utility can convert kml to csv then use excel to convert into excel file.

Also simply open kml file by excel to edit and save as your target excel file.

telwind
2011-10-13, 08:07 AM
link to download kmlcsv

JRE 1.5 is required.

Stantheman
2011-10-13, 08:50 AM
it is open source SW, here is the sourceforge link KMLCSV Converter | Free Development software downloads at SourceForge.net (http://sourceforge.net/projects/kmlcsv/)

"Converts Google Earth KML file to a CSV file, and vice versa. This enables you to plot all custom POIs with Google Earth first before transferring them into your Garmin GPS using the POI Loader."

From the review page KMLCSV Converter | Reviews for KMLCSV Converter at SourceForge.net (http://sourceforge.net/projects/kmlcsv/reviews/) "It has a well designed interface very well thought out and very intuitive. But it will choke on large files, and will truncate data in the description block when saving CSV file.."