PDA

View Full Version : External Antenna

justdream
2009-01-05, 01:40 AM
How can I connect my external antenna ‘provided with TEMS8.2.1 kit’ with my Sony E******* K800i? I have also
The antenna cable connector, please describe by photos.

It’s too urgent as I must start my drive test using this external antenna after 6 hours

parto_tegal
2009-01-05, 03:37 AM
How can I connect my external antenna ‘provided with TEMS8.2.1 kit’ with my Sony E******* K800i? I have also
The antenna cable connector, please describe by photos.

It’s too urgent as I must start my drive test using this external antenna after 6 hours

Hi
Hopefully it is the same connection method of your ‘provided with TEMS8.2.1 kit’ with commonly available external antennas in the market.
Regards
parto_tegal

justdream
2009-01-05, 03:47 AM
Thanks so much for your concern,

I tried that but the antenna adapter doesn't fit into external antenna connector.......I read on the document "that I must place the phone in the phone holder !!!!!!!!!!", what's the relation?

Sony E******* K790i/K790a/K800i

One antenna is delivered with the phone. To use this antenna, you must place
the phone in the phone holder (also delivered), which has an integrated
antenna connector. Remove the plastic plug at the back of the phone
covering the outlet above the camera flash. Then install the phone in the
holder and connect the antenna to the antenna connector

parto_tegal
2009-01-05, 03:58 AM
Thanks so much for your concern,

I tried that but the antenna adapter doesn't fit into external antenna connector.......I read on the document "that I must place the phone in the phone holder !!!!!!!!!!", what's the relation?

Sony E******* K790i/K790a/K800i

One antenna is delivered with the phone. To use this antenna, you must place
the phone in the phone holder (also delivered), which has an integrated
antenna connector. Remove the plastic plug at the back of the phone
covering the outlet above the camera flash. Then install the phone in the
holder and connect the antenna to the antenna connector

If your adapter have a different connector type with your antenna's connector, you can replace any one (either the antenna's connector or adapter's connector with the matched type). It's not a hard work, many connectors type are available on the market Bro...
Regards
parto_tegal

justdream
2009-04-16, 07:00 PM
Guys, who have connected an external antenna to SE K800i?

I connected it but I didn't feel that I have any improvements also I see that the connection between the mobile and the eternal antenna is not robust while I have original tools from E******* itself

grid666
2009-04-16, 07:09 PM
Guys, who have connected an external antenna to SE K800i?

I connected it but I didn't feel that I have any improvements also I see that the connection between the mobile and the eternal antenna is not robust while I have original tools from E******* itself

You need HCH-66 holder for K800, then connect your external antenna to this holder.

justdream
2009-04-16, 07:38 PM
I have this holder...........

grid666
2009-04-16, 07:43 PM
I have this holder...........

then you have resoved problem

You will need interconnecting cable, one part of cable goes into jack on holder and other part of cable goes to antenna,

cdmahn
2009-08-16, 12:34 PM
Please someone let us know what is the total loss (connector and feeder losses) of HCE-12 for using with external antennas? (HCE-12 is the connection adapter for SE handsets K800i/K790i to external antennas)

Tks in advance