PDA

View Full Version : Question VS.RAB.FailEstabPS.ULIUBBand.Cong

gageloz
2011-09-23, 09:14 PM
Hi Friends,

Can any expert give me some info about this huawei counter.How can we solve if we have high "VS.RAB.FailEstabPS.ULIUBBand.Cong" in the 3G network.:confused:

Thanx

agenov
2011-09-23, 09:38 PM
Hi Friends,

Can any expert give me some info about this huawei counter.How can we solve if we have high "VS.RAB.FailEstabPS.ULIUBBand.Cong" in the 3G network.:confused:

Thanx

IF we consider the case as not related to impoper configuration/Transmission issue and you can not do expansion then you need to use Load algoryhtoms to offload the cell just like PUC, LDR and etc. or use another solution like change Idle/Dedicated mode/CPICH power etc. parameter thus achieve offload effect.

BR

BR

gageloz
2011-09-23, 10:18 PM
IF we consider the case as not related to impoper configuration/Transmission issue and you can not do expansion then you need to use Load algoryhtoms to offload the cell just like PUC, LDR and etc. or use another solution like change Idle/Dedicated mode/CPICH power etc. parameter thus achieve offload effect.

BR

BR

Thanx for your sudden reply.I have give also some info.
We faced this problem only in BH of this cell.No problem in the other time.
I check also other sts CE cong,Code cong and Power for both UL and DL. These are OK. Only IUBCong counter is high.I will also checkfor improper Trs Capacity.

LDR algoritm is not activated in the network also we can try reduce the cpich power.:p

andoniwireless
2011-09-23, 10:41 PM
Hi Friends,

Thanx

Hi gageloz
This countes say:
VS.RAB.FailEstabPS.ULIUBBand.Cong
This measurement item takes statistics of the number of CS RABs unsuccessfully established due to the failures of transport network layer in the best cell.

This congestion can be for some reasons:

First you need to check the availability of yours E1´s. some times if you has enough capacity but the transport layer had a problema. Make de test with DSP E1/T1 an check that the quantity of your E1s are the correct.

Second,, you traffic has a increase and you need to make a expantion.. Check VS.ATMUlMaxUsed.1 (used in your Node) and VS.ATMUlTotal.1 (Your Capacity)

I wait it is useful to you..
Regards
Andoni

I will apreciate reputation, with the Thanks Button

dacoder
2011-09-24, 12:52 AM
Hi gageloz
This countes say:
VS.RAB.FailEstabPS.ULIUBBand.Cong
This measurement item takes statistics of the number of CS RABs unsuccessfully established due to the failures of transport network layer in the best cell.

This congestion can be for some reasons:

First you need to check the availability of yours E1´s. some times if you has enough capacity but the transport layer had a problema. Make de test with DSP E1/T1 an check that the quantity of your E1s are the correct.

Second,, you traffic has a increase and you need to make a expantion.. Check VS.ATMUlMaxUsed.1 (used in your Node) and VS.ATMUlTotal.1 (Your Capacity)

I wait it is useful to you..
Regards
Andoni

Hi
Could you explain these counter u mentioned:
VS.ATMUlMaxUsed.1
VS.ATMUlTotal.1

thnx

andoniwireless
2011-09-24, 02:56 AM
Hi
Could you explain these counter u mentioned:
VS.ATMUlMaxUsed.1
VS.ATMUlTotal.1

thnx

Ok,,
VS.ATMUlMaxUsed.1
This counter, the NodeB takes statistics about the maximum used UL bandwidth on an ATM physical port during a measurement period. The NodeB measures the used UL bandwidth on the physical port every five seconds over 15 minutes and then obtains the maximum value. The NodeB can take statistics on these counters for a maximum of four ATM physical ports. One counter is specific for one physical port, and one physical port corresponds to one counter. That is, the counters and the physical ports have a one-to-one relation between each other. These counters are identical in application, since they are all used for traffic measurement at the physical layer.

VS.ATMUlTotal.1
This counter, the NodeB takes statistics about the available UL (outgoing from the NodeB) bandwidth of an ATM physical port carrying HSUPA/HSDPA links during a measurement period. If the physical port carries an IMA group, the value of the counter is the total UL bandwidth of the available IMA links in the IMA group. If the physical port is an STM-1 port or carries a UNI or fractional ATM link, the value of the counter is the available UL bandwidth of the physical port. The NodeB can take statistics on these counters for a maximum of four ATM physical ports. One counter is specific for one physical port, and one physical port corresponds to one counter. That is, the counters and the physical ports have a one-to-one relation between each other. These counters are identical in application, since they are all used for traffic measurement at the physical layer.
Regards
Andoni
:D

gageloz
2011-09-27, 02:00 PM
[QUOTE=andoniwireless;149940]Ok,,
VS.ATMUlMaxUsed.1
This counter, the NodeB takes statistics about the maximum used UL bandwidth on an ATM physical port during a measurement period. The NodeB measures the used UL bandwidth on the physical port every five seconds over 15 minutes and then obtains the maximum value. The NodeB can take statistics on these counters for a maximum of four ATM physical ports. One counter is specific for one physical port, and one physical port corresponds to one counter. That is, the counters and the physical ports have a one-to-one relation between each other. These counters are identical in application, since they are all used for traffic measurement at the physical layer.

VS.ATMUlTotal.1
This counter, the NodeB takes statistics about the available UL (outgoing from the NodeB) bandwidth of an ATM physical port carrying HSUPA/HSDPA links during a measurement period. If the physical port carries an IMA group, the value of the counter is the total UL bandwidth of the available IMA links in the IMA group. If the physical port is an STM-1 port or carries a UNI or fractional ATM link, the value of the counter is the available UL bandwidth of the physical port. The NodeB can take statistics on these counters for a maximum of four ATM physical ports. One counter is specific for one physical port, and one physical port corresponds to one counter. That is, the counters and the physical ports have a one-to-one relation between each other. These counters are identical in application, since they are all used for traffic measurement at the physical layer.
Regards
Andoni

I will apreciate reputation, with the Thanks Button[/QU

Hi;

I checked the corresponding IP counters that you suggested because of our IUB side is IP based.So I checked the VS.IPUlMaxUsed.1 and VS.IPUlTotal.1 counters.

But eventhough it seems the reason for RAB fails is ULIUB Ban Congestion, VS.IPUlMaxUsed.1 counter does not reach the total value any time. So i confused in this case.:confused:

agung
2011-09-27, 07:10 PM
Hi,

In this case you also have to confirm the bandwith of the IP transport, if it IP over microwave you should check how many hop it trough and is itthe same BW to end ( NodeB to RNC). I found there were difference BW in my case

andoniwireless
2011-09-28, 05:19 AM
Hi,

In this case you also have to confirm the bandwith of the IP transport, if it IP over microwave you should check how many hop it trough and is itthe same BW to end ( NodeB to RNC). I found there were difference BW in my case

Hello, as agung said you need to check the last mile.. but can you share me which is the specific problem???.. because I had a problems with some Nodes B by IP but i had a bottle neck in the tranport part.

Regards
Andoni