PDA

View Full Version : Question Working as a trainer

fahmi
2011-09-23, 05:14 AM
Hi experts,
I have an opportunity to work as a trainer with an important consulting company.
In fact they provide me the NSN training documents, I learn about them and I teach them to engineers in operators.
They told that there will be a lot of mobility in such a job and all over the word.
So how do you judge such an opportunity? Will this experience have a good impact on my cv and carrier in the future?
What will be more interesting: working with an operator or as a trainer?

Thanks for advising me.

rimoucha
2011-09-23, 06:33 AM
Hello Fahmi,

Nothing equals practical experience...

Good luck :)

harrypotter
2011-09-23, 08:25 AM
Hi experts,
I have an opportunity to work as a trainer with an important consulting company.
In fact they provide me the NSN training documents, I learn about them and I teach them to engineers in operators.
They told that there will be a lot of mobility in such a job and all over the word.
So how do you judge such an opportunity? Will this experience have a good impact on my cv and carrier in the future?

Thanks for advising me.

Hello,

I guess if where the money is there you must go. Working in a operator will give you job security if you do good. Whil consulting is seasonal and per project based. Now that you have experience as NSN trainer, offering your service as a trainer in any operators will give you more advantage because you will build friendship and relationship with them which will benefit you in the long run. For FINETOPIX, we need your expertise and experience and sharing any documents that will benefit everyone here.

rpinto
2011-09-23, 08:51 AM
Not difficult, you have the skills already..make it happen..we are on your side. If I can be of assistance, please e-mail me at uknowhereiam@yahoo.co.uk Good Luck and wish you the Very Best.

rpinto
2011-09-23, 09:10 AM
Hello Fahmi: From my experience, Operators change their demands rapidly when they see things go wrong. Fact: If you work for an Operator, streamline the Operator and get things going the way they should while profiting both ends of the business. Fact: Refuse training docs not provided by the company directly when training, and don't even give them a chance to think otherwise. They already know you are Good, so my advise is to be practical as usual. Good Luck!

Justradio
2011-09-23, 03:16 PM
I have some fren working as trainer and get good pay as well in vendor/operator. Basically what u need is build the good relationship with customer. make them find that u are very valuable and good enough to consult them...

SCHERIFFHELMY
2011-09-23, 04:48 PM
Dear Fahmi
This job I know , it was offered by SIEMENS in the past
They will not give you the enough practical training
it is better to work with operator , really much better
as this job I know many friends from Egypt who decided to leave it because
no good future

This is my advise
Wishing you best of luck

WILLqad
2011-09-23, 05:36 PM
to think of it , it's no that bad you can have more friendship with the operators and great experience.
but it has no further future i guess and some how is limited you will always miss working with operators.

so my advise to you my friend is if you currently need a job you can take it build relation and friendship with the operators and then try to move and work in one of them

BR
Willqad

harrypotter
2011-09-24, 06:22 AM
For me the best TRAINER is FINETOPIX..... We have many expert here...:p

firstmaxim
2011-09-24, 12:15 PM
Hi experts,

Thanks for advising me.

It all depends on your aptitude. If you are looking at autonomy and creativity, the job of a trainer could appeal to you, but this role requires plenty of homework and commitment. You will be appraised after every training, and if you acted on improving your abilities you would become strong technically in the long run. A telecom trainer can readily don the field engineers role with minimal adaption; the reverse is not true.

Regards

dekili
2011-09-24, 06:49 PM
Working as a trainer will be more interesting for several reasons:
- you will travel to the countries where you would never go on your own
- you will be able to hear experience from different engineers in different networks. Basically, when you are not seen as competitor, you can hear a lot of useful stuff from engineers on your trainings. It is very good information that helps you to have later even better trainings.
- it is generally paid better than just being at single operator. It s simply because you spend your time traveling and training is always considered to be valuable to attendees so instructor is well paid.

As a trainer, you will never be so good in hands-on stuff as someone who works for the operator. This is related to the vendor specific solutions. To be good in that part, you should attend vendors trainings in-between your trainings. That costs but will pay off in your next trainings because you will upgrade your knowledge and you will not lose you value as a trainer.

Cheers

maverrickforever
2011-10-04, 02:57 PM
Hi experts,

Thanks for advising me.

I would advise you against this. kindly maintain your profile what you were maintaining previously. shifting to being a trainer is not advised as you are no longer a part of the live network. So my sincere advise is not to go for it. Rest is upto you. Good bye and god speed.