PDA

View Full Version : Question InterRAT HO problem

dacoder
2011-09-22, 01:17 AM
Hi
Some of the UCELL in my network is facing low interRAT HOSR. When analysing I found that the reason is due to Physical Channel Failure. Anyone know about this and its possible solution?

Thanks

k_RF
2011-09-22, 01:36 AM
This could mean a lot of things... HO failure due to congestion on the GSM cell (or) HO failed due to bad RF conditions.

You will need to investigate further.

These are things you could do:
1. Check for BCCH collisions on the GSM cell that is failing the HO.
2. Run cell level traces to get more info.

hope this helps.

jimjim
2011-09-22, 04:21 AM
Hi
Some of the UCELL in my network is facing low interRAT HOSR. When analysing I found that the reason is due to Physical Channel Failure. Anyone know about this and its possible solution?

Thanks

Hello there,

I found this attachment in my archive.

:)
Regards,

agenov
2011-09-22, 03:46 PM
Hi

Thanks

Usually this is related to the imposibility of UE to sync at Layer1 to the GSM cell because of bad radio conditions...reasons are many like missing neighbour relation, coverage hole and etc.

BR
Alex

kevin_h811
2011-09-22, 07:09 PM
Hi,

Check your Cell Definitions if needed to add cell/s based on drivetest.

If the GSm site to be handover with is congested, do parameter to make quickly HO to a cell that is not congested.

check the performance of the TRX in GSM if needed to be least prioritize or need rectification or replacement.

regards//

soodlhor
2011-09-25, 03:30 AM
2G cell quality is poor, try to change TARGETRATCSTHD from 16 -> 21-> 24 its can improve. need balance between call drop and handove success rate.

maverrickforever
2011-09-26, 02:50 PM
Hi , if the issue is due to bad physical channel try replacing the particular TRX where you are facing the issue. Try pinpointing the exact TRX which has very poor UL/DL qual from the reports. Hopefully this should work or try shifting the channel to another TRX. If nothing else works you may try to improve the RF conditions of the HO cell to avoid any issues.Also try retuning the neighbours you might have a missing or wrong neigbour try rectifying the issue.

If you really liked my post kindly request you to increase reputation, i am still a junior member.

topycopy
2011-10-19, 08:11 PM
thanks dude for the data