PDA

View Full Version : Question Hopping and HSN

dacoder
2011-09-22, 01:10 AM
Hi,
I have some confusion regarding hopping and HSN. In our network we use Baseband hopping. Now suppose for one 3 sectored site, there are 9 frequencies being used; 3 for each cell. Is it ok if I use HSN as, say,55 for each cell? When using BBH, do we need to use HSN less than the total no. of available frequency in site (less than 9 in above case)

Thanks

saidou
2011-09-22, 01:25 AM
Hi,
The HSN is important only for the SFH, I think for the BBH the HSN is not important because you have already optimised your frequencies.
BR,
Said

zlobster
2011-09-22, 01:43 AM
Hi,
I have some confusion regarding hopping and HSN. In our network we use Baseband hopping. Now suppose for one 3 sectored site, there are 9 frequencies being used; 3 for each cell. Is it ok if I use HSN as, say,55 for each cell? When using BBH, do we need to use HSN less than the total no. of available frequency in site (less than 9 in above case)

Thanks

Hi dacoder,

HSN plays a major role in both SFH and BBH. It tells the way the ARFCNs will hop in time. HSN 0 means cyclic hopping no matter BBH or SFH. All other HSNs are pseudo-random sequences. There's a nice explanation in the specs if you are interested.

In your case it's perfectly fine to use ANY HSN you want. As saidou said, once you have optimized the frequencies in a BBH cell it's OK. Consider MAIO if you plan using SFH.

dacoder
2011-09-22, 02:15 AM
Hi dacoder,

HSN plays a major role in both SFH and BBH. It tells the way the ARFCNs will hop in time. HSN 0 means cyclic hopping no matter BBH or SFH. All other HSNs are pseudo-random sequences. There's a nice explanation in the specs if you are interested.

In your case it's perfectly fine to use ANY HSN you want. As saidou said, once you have optimized the frequencies in a BBH cell it's OK. Consider MAIO if you plan using SFH.
Hi zlobster/saidou,
thanks for explanation. That means in the case I mentioned HSN 55 is ok right? Also do we need to keep different HSN in each cells of the same site?

btw could you please share the specs that you mentioned?

Thanks

zlobster
2011-09-22, 04:20 AM
Hi zlobster/saidou,
thanks for explanation. That means in the case I mentioned HSN 55 is ok right? Also do we need to keep different HSN in each cells of the same site?

btw could you please share the specs that you mentioned?

Thanks

HSN 45.002[6]

55 should be perfectly fine. Nope, in your case you can set different HSN for every cell of the site.

Anyway, please keep us updated on the performance.:p

lejun
2011-09-22, 09:09 AM
Hi,

Thanks
Hi friend,

You can set same HSN for 3 cell in one site (site hopping) from 0-63 ( i think you should not use HSN 0), but you need allocate frequency carefully. (I usually plan frequency like that, performance is good :D)

Regards

dacoder
2011-11-09, 08:05 PM
Hi,
do we need to define MA for BBH? or all the frequencies of a site are automatically included in it?
Also, when i use LST GCELLMAGRP for any cell, i get two results: Hop Index 0 with all frequencies allocated for cell and Hop Index 1 with all frequencies except BCCH allocated for cell. What does this mean?

Thanks

Alex_R
2011-11-13, 11:44 PM
Dear All,
it is easier to plan HSN with the same Values as BSIC it will be Ok.
for hope index 1, i think it is due to SFH doesnt include BCCH carrier into considration

dacoder
2011-11-14, 01:20 AM
I found the answer to my question... its like this: hop index 0 is for all timeslots except 0 and its for all freq including bcch freq. Hop index 1 is for timeslot 0 only and it doesnt include bcch freq as timeslot 0 of this freq doesnt participate in hopping.

Thanks