PDA

View Full Version : Question Suddenly loss of signal in smartphones and Dropcall

alcatraz
2011-09-20, 11:54 PM
We started experiencing this issue after we went from RAN10 to RAN12.Do anybody haved experienced this issue? Any informatio would be apprecieated.

qaqa
2011-09-24, 12:07 PM
hi
I have the following questions:
1- Is it only happening for Smartphones? what about ordinary phones.
2- Maybe some bugs or malfunctions of your RRU boards after the upgrade. have u checked with Huawei? I can see a sudden increase of your UL BLER.
3- were you using diversity, before/after upgrade?

mike_symbol
2011-09-24, 12:55 PM
hi,

Check settings before and after with reference to your CFGMML.

There maybe configurations that change or accidental change.

regards//

alcatraz
2011-10-04, 01:50 AM
hi
I have the following questions:
1- Is it only happening for Smartphones? what about ordinary phones.
2- Maybe some bugs or malfunctions of your RRU boards after the upgrade. have u checked with Huawei? I can see a sudden increase of your UL BLER.
3- were you using diversity, before/after upgrade?

Hi. Thanks for your response.

answers

1: Aparently yes. Now it's difficult to find 3G phones that are not smarthphones... at least in our network.
2: Yes, but they don't know what is happening.. :confused:
3:Yes.

The funny thing is that for an example if you have 2 Ue's 1 of them happens and the other not.

I was thinking.. could it be something wrong in the Power Control?? because suddenly you loss the RSCP in one of the UE's.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks a lot.

jmasterfunk
2011-10-23, 04:29 AM
I am seeing this a lot in our RAN12 network. During a UE trace, there are RRC measurement reports, and then suddenly a RANAP_RAB_RELEASE with a cause of radio-connection-with-UE-lost. We are hoping RAN13 will fix this.

zeezzoo
2011-10-24, 05:29 AM
Actually we faced the same problem in our network also after upgrading to R12 . Huawei couldn't help . but after re-dimensioning the RACs (by coincidence), the problem disappeared . but the funny thing is i don't think there's a relation between the RAC & this problem .

PS : the RAC is used only once even within different LACs .

jmasterfunk
2011-10-24, 07:51 AM
We have seen small gains from splitting FACH and PCH onto their own SCCPCH.

We also do have plans to split our RACs, as we have very high paging utilization.

Bob.
2012-01-03, 08:40 PM
Could you please tell me which counters/what kind of formula do you use to assess high paging utilization in HW? There's a standard KPI for Paging Congestion Ratio but what about utilization?

BR,
Bob.

jmasterfunk
2012-01-05, 04:31 AM
Measurements related to signalling > Measurements related to Paging per cell > VS.UTRAN.AttPaging1

And in the M2000....
Traffic Measurement per cell, And calculate utilization using VS.CRNC.IubBytesPCH.tx and VS.CRNC.IUB.PCH.Bandwidth.

(VS.CRNC.IubBytesPCH.tx / <measurement period in minutes> / 60) / VS.CRNC.IUB.PCH.Bandwidth = PCH Utilization.

baltoudi
2012-08-05, 03:52 PM
Hi,
does anybody know the similar formula in E/// for PCH Utilization in order to assess the paging load, etc before coming up with a decision of LAC/RAC splitting?