PDA

View Full Version : Question Question about throughput types

zeezzoo
2011-09-19, 09:55 PM
Hi friends,

I have a question regarding throughput types . what is the difference between the below types in HSDPA ?

- RAW MAC-HS Throughput
- NET MAC-HS Throughput
- TCP MAC-HS Throughput

Another thing i want to ask you is about the below images :

Mean Throughput (Kbps)

Max Throughput (Kbps)

do you think the above images look fine ? I think there's a big difference between physical layer throughput & RLC layer throughput .
I'm using HSDPA with CAT-6 UE .

telwind
2011-09-19, 10:38 PM
physical layer throughput >= Throughput_MAC >= RLC layer throughput >= application throughput.

following HSPA protocol stack will let you understand. the terms may be different tool to tool.

zeezzoo
2011-09-19, 11:53 PM
physical layer throughput >= Throughput_MAC >= RLC layer throughput >= application throughput.

following HSPA protocol stack will let you understand. the terms may be different tool to tool.

yes i know that my friend . it's the basic principle .

but in actix i found those RAW , Net & TCP throughput for the MAC-HS & no explanation is available for them . but when i did the matching i found :

- RAW MAC-HS Throughput = Physical Layer Throughput
- NET MAC-HS Throughput : here i couldn't find a match
- TCP MAC-HS Throughput = RLC Layer Throughput

I just wanna make sure if this is right .

another thing regarding the attached photos , I want to know your opinion about the difference between the physical layer throughput & RLC Layer throughput .it's too big . Do you think it's normal ? can you please show me some values from on of your drive tests I'll appreciate it .

thx & BR,

telwind
2011-09-20, 12:09 AM
yes i know that my friend . it's the basic principle .

but in actix i found those RAW , Net & TCP throughput for the MAC-HS & no explanation is available for them . but when i did the matching i found :

- RAW MAC-HS Throughput = Physical Layer Throughput
- NET MAC-HS Throughput : here i couldn't find a match
- TCP MAC-HS Throughput = RLC Layer Throughput

I just wanna make sure if this is right .

another thing regarding the attached photos , I want to know your opinion about the difference between the physical layer throughput & RLC Layer throughput .it's too big . Do you think it's normal ? can you please show me some values from on of your drive tests I'll appreciate it .

thx & BR,

Raw throughput -> All packets received by UE
Net throughput -> Only successfully decoded (not re-transmitted) packets
The Net DL TCP throughput is simply the downlink TCP throughput that excludes TCP re-transmissions.

what vendor are you using? how much the difference between the physical layer throughput & RLC Layer throughput?

zeezzoo
2011-09-20, 12:30 AM
Raw throughput -> All packets received by UE
Net throughput -> Only successfully decoded (not re-transmitted) packets
The Net DL TCP throughput is simply the downlink TCP throughput that excludes TCP re-transmissions.

what vendor are you using? how much the difference between the physical layer throughput & RLC Layer throughput?

I'm using Huawei 6900 R12 .

as in the attached chart : the mean difference between RLC & physical layer throughput equals to 415 Kbps .

laomiao
2011-09-20, 12:29 PM
it's normal to have a big difference between physical and RLC throughput, the physical coding normally triples the bits

telwind
2011-09-20, 12:43 PM
i got the about 500kbps app vs physical.