PDA

View Full Version : BSS Paging Co-ordination

rimoucha
2011-09-15, 11:57 PM
Hello Experts,

Any details about "BSS Paging Co-ordination" Huawei parameter? I have some cells in my network with BSS Paging Co-ordination set to "No" and they work perfectly...

BR,

MadDJ
2011-09-16, 03:03 AM
Hello Experts,

Any details about "BSS Paging Co-ordination" Huawei parameter? I have some cells in my network with BSS Paging Co-ordination set to "No" and they work perfectly...

BR,
What is your network mode (for GPRS) set to? Most networks are set to mode 2. Is there a Gs interface between MSC and SGSN? I'm also trying to understand the impact of "BSS Paging Co-ordination". Huawei documents suggest to activate it without the Gs interface and that paging to MS's in packet transfer mode will happen via the PACCH channel.

wolverine
2011-09-16, 03:48 AM
That is correct. Paging co-ordination allows you to receive CS Paging messages while in Packet transfer mode. No need for Gs interface. No more missed calls while surfing!

wolverine
2011-09-16, 04:54 AM
That is correct. Paging co-ordination allows you to receive CS Paging messages while in Packet transfer mode. No need for Gs interface. No more missed calls while surfing!

rimoucha
2011-09-16, 05:43 PM
Hello,

Thank you for your responses.There is no GS interface in our network but there are some cells with "BSS Paging Co-ordination" set to "NO".

BR

titoe80
2011-09-17, 03:26 PM
Hi all,

Huawei vendor names BSS paging cooridnation so what is parameter name of E******* vendor?
please help to answer and share document about E// vendor.

many thanks

MadDJ
2011-09-20, 11:42 PM
In E/// it is called "Paging Coordination" and that is dependant on the feature DTM "Dual Transfer Mode"

User Description, Dual Transfer Mode.rar - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download (http://www.4shared.com/file/r42xZbbr/User_Description_Dual_Transfer.html)
User Description, Idle Mode Behaviour .rar - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download (http://www.4shared.com/file/gKMBJ9bn/User_Description_Idle_Mode_Beh.html)

MadDJ
2011-09-21, 12:01 AM
Look at the counters below and compare between a cell with bss-coordination on and off and it should show you a performance difference. Please let me know what you find.

A331:Delivered Paging Messages for PS Service
A330:Delivered Paging Messages for CS Service
A9601:Number of Packet Paging Requests Received from the Gb Interface
A9602:Number of Circuit Paging Requests Received from the Gb Interface
A9603:Number of Circuit Paging Requests Sent on PACCH
L3188D:MSG CCCH LOAD IND (PCH) Messages Sent on Abis Interface (PS Service)
L3188L:Paging Messages Discarded from the PCH Queue
RL3188:OVERLOAD rate of paging