PDA

View Full Version : CS and PS Call Clash with Location Area update?

kentck86
2011-09-14, 05:46 PM
Hi all,

I am having the issue of Call Attempt failure and PS call failure happens in Crossing RNC border where it is served under very good RF.

Case 1: CS Call
AMR Call attempting
RRC State : Cell FACH
Location area update request

Case 2: PS Call
PS Call attaching

Anyone could enlighten me on those cases please, is it this case is the same as LA Clash case? Any possible resolution on this? Thank you

kentck86
2011-09-21, 03:06 PM
Anyone can share something about my case please?

boring
2011-09-21, 06:27 PM
unfortunately, if you want to start a CS/PS call while the UE is performing LA update, the call cannot be established.

i am afraid there is nothing you can do, apart from making sure that you don;t suffer from ping-pong LA updates (good cell dominance (not only good RF), hysteresis of about 4 dB) which will affect negatively user experience

hope this helps

mike_symbol
2011-09-22, 01:57 PM
hi,

i think that is cell reselection issue.have you check your parameters.by the way what vendor are you using.

andoniwireless
2011-09-22, 02:05 PM
Hi all,

I am having the issue of Call Attempt failure and PS call failure happens in Crossing RNC border where it is served under very good RF.

AMR Call attempting

PS Call attaching

Anyone could enlighten me on those cases please, is it this case is the same as LA Clash case? Any possible resolution on this? Thank you

Question..???? you dont have pagging congestion of this LA.. Check the pagging cong on the MSW...

Regards

Andoni
:D

I will aprecite Reputation (Thanks button)

kentck86
2011-09-28, 01:13 PM
unfortunately, if you want to start a CS/PS call while the UE is performing LA update, the call cannot be established.

i am afraid there is nothing you can do, apart from making sure that you don;t suffer from ping-pong LA updates (good cell dominance (not only good RF), hysteresis of about 4 dB) which will affect negatively user experience

hope this helps

hi,

i think that is cell reselection issue.have you check your parameters.by the way what vendor are you using.

Question..???? you dont have pagging congestion of this LA.. Check the pagging cong on the MSW...

Regards

Andoni
:D

I will aprecite Reputation (Thanks button)

Yes, it is cell reselection related. i am using huawei vendor, i been tried to tune idleqoffset2sn parameter to fasten the cell reselection between the cell in high mobility area of LAC border but it seems less impact found. By the way, in Huawei network what stats should i check for any paging cong?thx

agenov
2011-09-28, 03:20 PM
Obviously your Iur doesn't support common channel so Cell_FACH will always drop when moving between RNCs border cells. Just open the flag to allow it.

BR
Alex

Hi all,

AMR Call attempting

PS Call attaching

kentck86
2011-09-28, 03:28 PM
Any Idea how do i able to check the current setting of Iur in the network please? And please share some idea what are the parameter i should tune to allow it?

kentck86
2011-09-28, 03:52 PM
Hi,

I just got the RNC setting as follows:
Please enlighten me on the related setting to my case please.

List Neighboring RNC
--------------------
Neighboring RNC ID = 1103
SHO cross IUR trigger = CS_SHO_SWITCH:ON
= HSPA_SHO_SWITCH:ON
= NON_HSPA_SHO_SWITCH:ON
HHO cross IUR trigger = ON
CN domain indication = SUPPORT_CS_AND_PS
IUR Interface Existing Indication = TRUE
DSP index = 12
RNC protocol version = R6
Sccp state ind protection timer[s] = 20
IUR CCH support flag = NO
Relocation with HHO process switch = DL_DCCH_SWITCH:OFF
= IUR_TRG_SWITCH:OFF
IUR trans bearer type = IP_TRANS
DSCR Indicator = FALSE
HSDPA capability indicator on IUR interface = OFF
HSUPA capability indicator on IUR interface = OFF

agenov
2011-09-28, 04:27 PM
it is not so simple. THe parameter is Iur CCH support flag but i will recommend you to reconsider your strategy before do any changes. It is good to think about some type of SRNS relocation and introduce into your net.

BR

Hi,

I just got the RNC setting as follows:
Please enlighten me on the related setting to my case please.

List Neighboring RNC
--------------------
Neighboring RNC ID = 1103
SHO cross IUR trigger = CS_SHO_SWITCH:ON
= HSPA_SHO_SWITCH:ON
= NON_HSPA_SHO_SWITCH:ON
HHO cross IUR trigger = ON
CN domain indication = SUPPORT_CS_AND_PS
IUR Interface Existing Indication = TRUE
DSP index = 12
RNC protocol version = R6
Sccp state ind protection timer[s] = 20