PDA

View Full Version : PS DCR Issue

atifbukhari
2011-09-14, 05:31 PM
Dear experts we have a number of F1 cells with quite high PS R99 drop call rate. Any suggestions on how to reduce the drops.

agenov
2011-09-14, 05:39 PM
Dear experts we have a number of F1 cells with quite high PS R99 drop call rate. Any suggestions on how to reduce the drops.

I believe that until you don't provide detailed/additional information no one can help you...

atifbukhari
2011-09-14, 05:44 PM
we are using the approach of F1 as voice and F2 as HSDPA , also F1 carries PS calls that are not HSDPA capable so F1 cells have R99 traffic, it is seen that a lot of cells on F1 have very high drops, what I need is some suggestion on to reduce these drops.

_lisi4king
2011-09-23, 10:01 PM
Is this for Huawei?

Because on our network in one time on one RNC we have high PS Drop. CS Drop good, HS Drop good. We shared 2nd carrier for R99 users (before 2nd was only for HS) and PS Drop decreased, so looks like capasity problem, but all RAB Fails counters (power, codes, CE) =0.

It is strange for me. May be someone can gues, how is it possible to solve this problem :confused:

atifbukhari
2011-09-23, 11:49 PM
Yes my network is also Huawei, but how can placing R99 on second carrier as well reduce DCR?

_lisi4king
2011-09-24, 12:05 AM
Yes my network is also Huawei, but how can placing R99 on second carrier as well reduce DCR?

At first (i guess) it decreade UL interfereince (users divided between carriers). At second we do nor have 2nd carrier on all sites, so it means 2nd carrier more "clear" - low poluttion, low interfereince.

And i don't like this sollution, so i expect, may be somebody had and solved it. And can share information with us ;)

qaqa
2011-09-24, 11:01 AM
Hello guys
you still not explained the issue clearly. indicatate what are the drop reasons, i.e., which counters are pegged the most, give capacity/load status of your cells: congestions, RTWP,.... activated algorithms like LDR.... the traffic on the cells...

But I suggest you to first check the CPU loads on the SPU's subsystems serving those cells in the RNC. check if the cells suffering DCR are mapped to the same SPU subsystem.

when we get aforementioned information we can get some clearer idea how to solve your high PS-R99 drops. :D

_lisi4king
2011-09-25, 03:39 AM
Hello guys
you still not explained the issue clearly. indicatate what are the drop reasons, i.e., which counters are pegged the most, give capacity/load status of your cells: congestions, RTWP,.... activated algorithms like LDR.... the traffic on the cells...

But I suggest you to first check the CPU loads on the SPU's subsystems serving those cells in the RNC. check if the cells suffering DCR are mapped to the same SPU subsystem.

when we get aforementioned information we can get some clearer idea how to solve your high PS-R99 drops. :D

Regarding my situation.

CPU was overloaded, but we've added new board, now we have load on all CPU's near 60%.

Traffic is high and increasing every day.

But what for me strange: for CS - normal rate, for HS normal rate, for PS Drops in 2-3 days drop rate increased in 2 times and now only increases.

I've checked DCH traffic - not increased much (not in 2 times), I've checked ChReconfig from DCHtoHS and from HStoDCH nothing interesting.

And i have explanation from Huawei - too many users. For me it is not a response. ZTE can respond like that, but from Huawei i expected something more (because what does it mean "too high"....10 is it too high? but 100 it is too high or too less??? :confused:). And huawei suggested to share 2nd carrier for HS and R99 (was only for HS), and Drop on cells, where it was shared, PS Drop has decreased.

So i want to know real reason. Of course this is RF reason, but....why???

Regarding counter -SRB Reset (cause of PS Drops).

_lisi4king
2011-10-25, 04:19 PM
What is the reason can be TRB reset? :confused: