PDA

View Full Version : need help experts

thehitman26
2011-09-08, 07:55 PM
Hi experts

i am concerned abt one issue.I have implemented radio link timers for FR and HR to 32 and 20 but i cant see any improvement in drop call rate.even 1% improvement.previously i saw the history here that,they implemented rlinktafr and rlinktahr values from 16 to 24 and got good improvement and after that they implemented enhanced AMR coverage feature.So my question is,is it possible that this enhanced AMR coverage preventing or supressing RLINK timers ?

please suggest

Osman Nayeem
2011-09-08, 11:26 PM
AMR has more protection bits... thats why subscriber perception is good even in poor radio environment..by increasing RLINKTAFR & RLINKTAHR, you are giving AMR calls more flexibility to hang on.. it will definitely improve your drop call rate.. my suggestion is, 1st you should check traffic distribution(CODEC wise)... if AMR is already activated in your network, try to push more traffic in AMR by modifying thresholds.... then increase RLT for AFR and AHR... it will definitely improve DCR scenario of your network... In our network, around 90% traffic are in AMRHR... we increase RLINTAHR from 24 to 28 and observed around 120~140% gain in terms of MPD....