PDA

View Full Version : WCDMA inter RNC data throughput

srikanth
2011-09-08, 02:30 AM
In WCDMA network it is observed that during data drive test the DL throughput is drastically reducing to 0kbps & then increasing while moving from one NodeB to other NodeB at inter RNC border. also at stationary position served by two NodeBs(Active set) of different RNC the throughput is observed very low & sometimes zero when compared with the condition at the same place when served by singe NodeB.
what could be the reason.
Is it a phenomenon of WCDMA network? if such is the case then low speed problem shall be faced by the customers who are at inter RNC borders? is there any solution for this situation?

agenov
2011-09-08, 03:48 AM
In WCDMA network it is observed that during data drive test the DL throughput is drastically reducing to 0kbps & then increasing while moving from one NodeB to other NodeB at inter RNC border. also at stationary position served by two NodeBs(Active set) of different RNC the throughput is observed very low & sometimes zero when compared with the condition at the same place when served by singe NodeB.
what could be the reason.
Is it a phenomenon of WCDMA network? if such is the case then low speed problem shall be faced by the customers who are at inter RNC borders? is there any solution for this situation?

check whether your Iur supports HSPA service. Probably it doesn't,

srikanth
2011-09-13, 02:57 AM
hi agenov
what to do if my Iur doesnot support HSPA service.

agenov
2011-09-13, 04:31 PM
hi agenov
what to do if my Iur doesnot support HSPA service.

Not much. You can use DSCR or reconfigure to R99 first.

BR

Bronco30
2011-10-28, 01:30 PM
Also check if the cell in the RNC's neighboor is configured the HS-DSCH capability.

srikanth
2011-12-22, 02:21 AM
hi.
i found from Huawei RNC that in neighbour RNC parameter(LST NRNC) the HSPA SHO Shiwtch was set to OFF previously. I made it ON and tested. Now at RNC border when served by two different RNC throughput is not becoming zero but when completely changed from one RNC to Other RNC throughput is reduced to zero and then increased.