PDA

View Full Version : 3G LAC Split Problems

Wired
2011-09-06, 07:00 PM
Hi there,

I have had a 3G LAC split completed on one of my RNC's since then, voice drops have increased and RRC success rate has reduced.

What could be the problem?

What is done in a LAC split?

Any help appreciated!

Cheers

mutumsha
2011-09-06, 07:54 PM
does it mean, you have changed LAC for some sites. If it is the case, please check in the MSC whether the new LAC is defined there. The main drawback of LAC splitting is, it will increase the call preprocessing time because the RNC has to send the paging to search all the LAC to find the UE. LAC is used for incoming calls that means we can make outgoing call from that node B without defining its LAC at MSC. Please conduct a drive test to the area of two adjacent LAC, and reassigned the HANDOVER and CELL Reselection parameter as per the drive test log. Please make sure that, you dont have nodes with different LACs in congested and heavily populated area as it will increase the chance of call drop. Try to make the LAC boundary at the hills, lake and area where there is no population.

rishi
2011-09-06, 09:08 PM
Hi there,

I have had a 3G LAC split completed on one of my RNC's since then, voice drops have increased and RRC success rate has reduced.

What could be the problem?

What is done in a LAC split?

Any help appreciated!

Cheers

What exactly problem faced by customers?

What kind of messages is being heard by them?

When are you observing this situationi.e during high traffic or always?