PDA

View Full Version : ISHO Triggering for RT and NRT

TechCrunch
2011-09-02, 01:26 PM
Just wanted to inquire on the strategy to enable for ISHO triggering. Would you keep the throeshold the same for voice and NRT or is there any reason to have different values ?

Kopafeel
2011-09-07, 05:36 AM
Normally you would want to trigger ISHO Because of lack of coverage i.e. poor RCSP or due to bad signal quality i.e. Ec/No.

Sometimes you would rather keep NRT traffic on your 3g network for longer for the obvious reason of greater throughput on 3g.
Also some operators, if they have their own GSM network like to move the voice traffic onto the gsm network quicker to free up capacity on their 3g network for nrt traffic.

wolverine
2011-09-07, 05:39 AM
For RT your main concern is dropped calls so you trigger your IRAT sooner. For NRT you can still get quite good throughput at -14 -15 dB Ec/N0 so it might be best to trigger ISHO later. On our network for example we have RT -13dB and NRT -15dB. For RSCP the difference can be smaller or even equal.

dk2000
2011-09-08, 03:08 PM
For RT your main concern is dropped calls so you trigger your IRAT sooner. For NRT you can still get quite good throughput at -14 -15 dB Ec/N0 so it might be best to trigger ISHO later. On our network for example we have RT -13dB and NRT -15dB. For RSCP the difference can be smaller or even equal.

I agree with you. Because the Egde throughput is too low, so you must keep data UE in 3G coverage as far as possible.

TechCrunch
2011-09-08, 03:47 PM

For such a case do you see that there is a diff between ISHO SR for RT anf NRT ? What kind of values are you getting ?

wolverine
2011-09-09, 04:55 AM
For such a case do you see that there is a diff between ISHO SR for RT anf NRT ? What kind of values are you getting ?

RT ISHO success rate around 98-99%. NRT success rate around -90%. But for NRT customers are more aware of throughput as opposed to the occasional drop which in any case would re-establish in the background.