PDA

View Full Version : Question Service based handover

jimjim
2011-09-02, 06:13 AM
Dears,

It is well known if the operator is building a 3G network to coexist with a 2G network, handover issues should be well handled.

Initial stage implement Coverage based Handover.

Expanding stage implement Coverage and load handover.

Mature stage implement load and service handover.

In HEDEX Huawei explains in detail what needs to be done in case coverage or load handover have to be used. But concerning service, can someone explain what is service based handover. Is it related to 2G or 3G service or something else?

:)
Regards,

agenov
2011-09-02, 05:07 PM
For 3G it simply means that during call set-up phase the call can be redirected to other frequency or system based on type of service requested. For example you van say that CS should go to another frequency during setup and it will be redirected.

BR

Dears,

It is well known if the operator is building a 3G network to coexist with a 2G network, handover issues should be well handled.

Initial stage implement Coverage based Handover.

Expanding stage implement Coverage and load handover.

Mature stage implement load and service handover.

In HEDEX Huawei explains in detail what needs to be done in case coverage or load handover have to be used. But concerning service, can someone explain what is service based handover. Is it related to 2G or 3G service or something else?

:)
Regards,

MyVi78
2012-06-09, 01:43 AM
as I understand service handover can be done for bi-directional system. Meaning it can be from 2g to 3g or 3g to 2g. Does anyone know if the same can be done for 3g to lte and lte to 3g?

I recently found out it can be done for 3g to lte but what about lte to 3g? It should be supported as well depending on what's the operator's network strategy?

scorpion
2012-06-10, 05:13 PM
LTE to 3G (PS Mode) is the first they developed as part of Technology Fallback path for services.

MyVi78
2012-06-13, 08:25 AM
Does anyone have any details on multi system network strategy?

nupong
2012-06-13, 05:50 PM
as I understand service handover can be done for bi-directional system. Meaning it can be from 2g to 3g or 3g to 2g. Does anyone know if the same can be done for 3g to lte and lte to 3g?

I recently found out it can be done for 3g to lte but what about lte to 3g? It should be supported as well depending on what's the operator's network strategy?

As far as I know, it could be CS fall back from LTE to 3G isn't it?

MyVi78
2012-06-14, 08:41 AM
CSFB caters mainly for CS voice. PSHO is also another one to consider...