PDA

View Full Version : Question IRAT Parameter "TimerToTrigForVerify"

engaom
2011-09-01, 11:58 PM
Dear Experts;

I have a question related to the IRAT parameter "TimerToTrigForVerify" & "TimerToTrigForNonVerify".

I do not have any idea how does they work, I tried to read the HEDEX but I need a details related to the mechanism.

According to documents , This timer starts after the decision condition of IRAT handover has been satisfied ...then

If the condition Mother+CIOother<Tother-H/2 is satified before timer expiry ....Stop Timer as cells are not qualified and no IRAT Handover.

If the condition Mother+CIOother<Tother-H/2 is not satified and timer expired ....Execute IRAT Handover.

This is what I got from documents ;my questions exactly is

setting these parameters to 0 --> will make IRAT Handover faster
setting these timers to high values --> will slow the IRAT Handover execution.

I need your feedback and recommendations please.

Thanks

jimjim
2011-09-02, 05:46 AM
Dear Experts;

I have a question related to the IRAT parameter "TimerToTrigForVerify" & "TimerToTrigForNonVerify".

I do not have any idea how does they work, I tried to read the HEDEX but I need a details related to the mechanism.

According to documents , This timer starts after the decision condition of IRAT handover has been satisfied ...then

If the condition Mother+CIOother<Tother-H/2 is satified before timer expiry ....Stop Timer as cells are not qualified and no IRAT Handover.

If the condition Mother+CIOother<Tother-H/2 is not satified and timer expired ....Execute IRAT Handover.

This is what I got from documents ;my questions exactly is

setting these parameters to 0 --> will make IRAT Handover faster
setting these timers to high values --> will slow the IRAT Handover execution.

I need your feedback and recommendations please.

Thanks

Hello there,

when you mentioned HEDEX in your email, I thought your vendor is Huawei. I searched the parameter reference and Handover feature in HEDEX, but I could not find the parameter you are talking about. Would you kindly mention who is your vendor, and what is the version of your RNC?

:)

Regards,

kyokuman
2011-09-02, 05:47 PM
It is used after Compressed mode is activated.

This timer starts when the MR reports GSM cells meeting the criterias defined by the formulas you mentioned.

Whenever a new MR reports the cells NOT meeting the criteria anymore, timer is stopped, and ISHO is not triggered.

I am about to test increase of that timer from 0 to 1.28s.

Will let you know if I get any results.

engaom
2011-09-02, 08:43 PM
Hello there,

when you mentioned HEDEX in your email, I thought your vendor is Huawei. I searched the parameter reference and Handover feature in HEDEX, but I could not find the parameter you are talking about. Would you kindly mention who is your vendor, and what is the version of your RNC?

:)

Regards,

The vendor is huawei ,Ran 12

engaom
2011-09-02, 08:50 PM
It is used after Compressed mode is activated.

This timer starts when the MR reports GSM cells meeting the criterias defined by the formulas you mentioned.

Whenever a new MR reports the cells NOT meeting the criteria anymore, timer is stopped, and ISHO is not triggered.

I am about to test increase of that timer from 0 to 1.28s.

Will let you know if I get any results.

Appreciate your feeback;but unless the GSM Cells fulfilled the Formula
Mother+CIOother>=Tother+H/2 during the decision phase ;why we wait again for this timer?

I think in this case if we changed this parameter to higher values,this might decrease the drop call on 2G after IRATs,but will increase the 3G drops.

kyokuman
2011-09-02, 09:10 PM
Well I dont think it is wise to set time to trigger to 0.
it would mean that 1 MR is enough to trigger ISHO

engaom
2011-09-03, 02:47 AM
Is it zero in your network?