PDA

View Full Version : Question 2G to 3G problem

WILLqad
2011-08-29, 08:31 PM
dear all,

first of all i did a quick search on finetopix and didn't find anything relevant.

am facing a problem where a no network coverage appears oon mobiles only when a handover from 2G to 3G happens

while if it's already working on 3G or 2G or even handovers from 3G to 2G(it works more than fine)

any solutions?

BR
willqad

telwind
2011-08-29, 08:40 PM
you need to setup the stategies how you want 2g/3g cell reselection/handover will be allowed or not allowed.

than set the parameters acoordingly. neighbor list also prepare and defined.

WILLqad
2011-08-30, 03:40 AM
thank you already checked all that
eventually i found it a 3G hardware problem

gprastomo
2011-09-18, 11:15 PM
Hi I couldnt get you.
"no network coverage appears oon mobiles only when a handover from 2G to 3G happens "

Did you mean the signal suddenly dissapear when 2G to 3G HO ?

or what ?

dear all,

first of all i did a quick search on finetopix and didn't find anything relevant.

am facing a problem where a no network coverage appears oon mobiles only when a handover from 2G to 3G happens

while if it's already working on 3G or 2G or even handovers from 3G to 2G(it works more than fine)

any solutions?

BR
willqad

WILLqad
2011-09-19, 03:32 AM
Hi I couldnt get you.
"no network coverage appears oon mobiles only when a handover from 2G to 3G happens "

Did you mean the signal suddenly dissapear when 2G to 3G HO ?

or what ?

yup the signal disappear and the mobile gives no network coverage

gprastomo
2011-09-19, 02:35 PM
yup the signal disappear and the mobile gives no network coverage

Which service is it ? CS, PS
And did you check config data ? neighbours, etc

WILLqad
2011-09-19, 02:55 PM
Which service is it ? CS, PS
And did you check config data ? neighbours, etc

i checked the config data and neighbors every thing and it is CS :\

gprastomo
2011-09-19, 03:36 PM
Hi as you know that the Pathloss difference between GSM and UMTS, around 25-30 dB.

So when the HO trigger threshold from GSM to UMTS is -90 dBm so, the RSCP 3G will be around -120 dBm ( so maybe in this case the signall strength looks like dissappear).

So in your config data, what is the handover reason to trigger 2G to 3G HOs, and what is the threshold?

Usually in 2G to 3G HO in Siemens 2G, we have HO due to RxLev/Qual, Sufficient 3G coverage and Power budget, but we can manage the 3G target cell to be included in the neighbour list, so we can avoid poor 3G coverage tobe a candidate.

br

i checked the config data and neighbors every thing and it is CS :\

WILLqad
2011-09-19, 04:13 PM
Hi as you know that the Pathloss difference between GSM and UMTS, around 25-30 dB.

So when the HO trigger threshold from GSM to UMTS is -90 dBm so, the RSCP 3G will be around -120 dBm ( so maybe in this case the signall strength looks like dissappear).

So in your config data, what is the handover reason to trigger 2G to 3G HOs, and what is the threshold?

Usually in 2G to 3G HO in Siemens 2G, we have HO due to RxLev/Qual, Sufficient 3G coverage and Power budget, but we can manage the 3G target cell to be included in the neighbour list, so we can avoid poor 3G coverage tobe a candidate.

br

hehe i dont know if you have seen the post where i said the case was solved and the BTM team found out it is a hardware problem not with the HO threshold parameter why the mobile did handover because t was set to dual mode

gprastomo
2011-09-19, 04:25 PM
Hehe glad to hear :) ...
So this just procedural issue

WILLqad
2011-09-19, 04:27 PM
Hehe glad to hear :) ...
So this just procedural issue

yea am am glad you are asking those question it shows me if what i was testing is right or wrong but i feared that you didnt see the post where i said the case was solved thats it :p

gprastomo
2011-09-19, 04:33 PM
Hehe,

I saw it hardware problem, but you didnt tell that already solved.
I didnt think that hw problem will affect only on 2G to 3G HOs, since everithing is ok.
So thats why i followed up this issue to raise everithing that s possible.