PDA

View Full Version : Pilot pollution on Actix

forumuser-2008
2011-08-27, 02:00 PM
Hi friends,

How can I see polluter cells or pilot pollution on Actix? Please share your experiences to analysis PP issue?

Thanks in advance

telwind
2011-08-27, 03:34 PM
Assume you are talking about CDMA based systems, you can use filter to plot the number of active or monitored sets (PN/SC) and Ec/Io (Ec/No) is poor.

forumuser-2008
2011-08-27, 06:16 PM
Assume you are talking about CDMA based systems, you can use filter to plot the number of active or monitored sets (PN/SC) and Ec/Io (Ec/No) is poor.

I mean UMTS, Actix should has following table about polluter SCs. I need to export this table. Is query needed for that?

gprastomo
2011-08-28, 05:36 PM
Hi,

You can use Spotlight to produce this one, you will get in bound and out bound pollution cells.
You need to set some threshold for this pollution criteria.

br

forumuser-2008
2011-08-30, 12:22 AM
Hi,

You can use Spotlight to produce this one, you will get in bound and out bound pollution cells.
You need to set some threshold for this pollution criteria.

br

Could you explain step by step?

liukang
2011-08-30, 12:27 AM
I think you can use Spotlight, step by step flow Spotlight guide

cdmahn
2011-08-30, 05:39 AM
I mean UMTS, Actix should has following table about polluter SCs. I need to export this table. Is query needed for that?

Send us a log-file and we will try to make a query.

telwind
2011-08-30, 09:36 AM

my question is what the 2nd and 3rd collumn meaning? do you have formula/criteria to count it?

it seems to me that the table shows the PDF statistics of each SC in the test. for this, export to excel and use pivot to calculate it.

forumuser-2008
2011-08-31, 01:01 AM
my question is what the 2nd and 3rd collumn meaning? do you have formula/criteria to count it?

it seems to me that the table shows the PDF statistics of each SC in the test. for this, export to excel and use pivot to calculate it.

In the attached link please have a look 3.2.2 CPICH Pollution Analysis Module section.

I took that table from this book, In Actix should has any way to export this table.

54119210 Actix Analyzer UMTS Analysis Guide (http://www.scribd.com/doc/54758650/54119210-Actix-Analyzer-UMTS-Analysis-Guide)

cococrunch
2011-08-31, 09:58 AM
Try this query, > 4 serving cell within within 5dB window. You can edit this in actix if you want wider window.

forumuser-2008
2011-08-31, 06:21 PM
Try this query, > 4 serving cell within within 5dB window. You can edit this in actix if you want wider window.

Thanks for the query, but it does not give that table.
As I understood it shows only pollution occurrences on the coordinates.

zeezzoo
2011-09-09, 10:56 PM
I'm using this way :

- first i made a query on actix that shows me the pilot polluted areas on map .
- then i use the polygon to filter one problematic area on the map .
- finally i use a query called site statistics . it comes with actix as a crosstab query .

forumuser-2008
2011-09-10, 10:17 PM
I'm using this way :

- first i made a query on actix that shows me the pilot polluted areas on map .
- then i use the polygon to filter one problematic area on the map .
- finally i use a query called site statistics . it comes with actix as a crosstab query .

could you share queries?

melkaiy
2011-09-10, 11:22 PM
Sirs,

pilot pollution rate = (pilot pollution samples)/ (ec/Io samples)

take a look at pilot pollution highlights in red. this means that too much cells in active set. re-pan and retilt are the only solution.

please add reputation if this one helps

zeezzoo
2011-09-11, 07:24 PM
could you share queries?

Actix has two event related to pilot pollution :
- Pilot pollution event (For the scanner data)
- too many pilots event (also for the scanner data)

you can refer to actix help & check which criteria is suitable for you . now i'm using them because the are better than the query i made where they only display the pilot polluted samples (mine is a boolean query that displays true/false)

also for these two you can change the thresholds according to your needs directly from actix threshold menu .

eino
2011-09-11, 10:09 PM
I have attached good document explaining Actix

Processor
2011-09-12, 10:46 PM
How can i make my site_name visible in Actix without zooming?

eino
2011-09-13, 01:44 AM
you can modify the font of the site name from layer properties

kcrb
2012-02-01, 01:24 PM
Hi all,
i would like to ask you guys about pilot pollution analyzer on actix
if you guys have any experience about this problem, please share with us.

rffreeconsult
2012-02-01, 02:29 PM
when TEMS is coupled with ACTIX, the drivetest data can come from many sources (ACTIX can process data from many types of UEs or scanners). A typical case involves measurement handsets (TEMS handsets or measurement-capable handsets) and/or scanner. The pilot pollution can be displayed by ACTIX but remember that due to different sensitivity levels, the pollution will be higher with scanner data than with UE data. In general, UE-data suffices for optimization purpose because that is the real level (approximately), subscribers will experience in real-time. It is more advisable to use UE-data for pollution-finding and optimization. Otherwise, with scanner data, everywhere is pollution and it is impossible to troubleshoot the network.

mitch_jones02
2012-02-03, 01:52 AM
is your logs or analysis scanner-based or ue-based? i both have the query.. you have 4 choices depending on your criteria..
rscp-based ue
ecno-based ue
rscp-based scanner
ecno-based scanner

i agree with cococrunch.. you must count number of serving cell within x-dB window, depending on your preference. this is usually set to 5dB window.
dont use spotlight, you what i mean.. it shows rssi value ryt?
spotlight is specially made for event analysis (calls, etc)