PDA

View Full Version : need help for amr fr

thehitman26
2011-08-26, 02:29 AM
hi,
i have activated dyma and when traffic goes to amr fr,the fr drop increases,but when i deactivate dyma,hr traffic increased and drop decreases.Is that normal case??because i think it should be opposite.Please help experts!!!

cougsnoopy
2011-08-26, 02:42 AM
There is a theory that goes with AMR-FR vs. AMR-HR. Typically if you put 100% of the traffic on AMR-HR your drop call rate goes down.

The theory is that basically because the quality of the call becomes unusable, the callers actually hang-up. AMR-HR voice breaks down before the signalling breaks down so basically they hang-up before the Radio Link Timer expires. AMR-FR the opposite happens, the voice call sounds good enough to the user but the signalling breaks down and the RLT expires thus dropping the call. Unfortunately to the customer whether they hang up for bad quality or drop the call, it's really the same poor customer experience only engineering doesn't address it as well without the drop.

So the difference is that users are happier with AMR-FR and reflects in typical customer quality surveys, but as an engineer your DCR is better with AMR-HR traffic. Not sure if that helps, but it's a view that's out there.

thehitman26
2011-08-26, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the reply.But we have put RLINKTAFR and RLINKUPAFR both to 32,and put HR Rlink to 20,so even if u streched the rlinkt FR to 32,still we will have the same issue as u have mentioned that the timer expires??

thanks bro

cougsnoopy
2011-08-26, 02:10 PM
Would you hang-up if you couldn't hear someone for 10 seconds? Again I'm just presenting the case study against customer sat survey scores, not engineering KPIs.

It's also possible that the parameter sets are pushing HR calls to FR too late in the RF conditions so chance of success is low and drops increase. Which counters are you seeing the increase on?