PDA

View Full Version : Question URA_PCH in Huawei

zeeshh
2011-08-24, 06:49 PM
Hi
HAs anybody worked on activating URA_PCH in Huawei. I have done it in my network and PS RAB failure increased many folds...
I changed following parameters after defining 1x URA for each cell..

SET UCORRMALGOSWITCH: DraSwitch=DRA_PS_BE_STATE_TRANS_SWITCH-1;
SET UUESTATETRANSTIMER: CellReSelectTimer=60, BeD2FStateTransTimer=30, BeF2PStateTransTimer=30;
SET UUESTATETRANS: CellReSelectCounter=1;
SET UPSINACTTIMER: PsInactTmrForInt=1440, ProtectTmrForInt=20, PsInactTmrForBac=1440, ProtectTmrForBac=20;

I suspect UPSINACTIMER values for that..Any suggestions?

gprastomo
2011-08-24, 11:30 PM
Hi,

I activated Cell PCH&FACH, and giving good result.
If i see your setting, its too long value for PSinactivitytimers and DCH to FACH and FACH to PCH so thats why the radio load is increasing (i guess).
Its better to have DCH/HSPA to FACH 5 s and FAch to PCH 5 s, then PS inactivity timers around 2-5 minutes.

PSinact 2-5 minutes, gives fair user experience while KPIs maintains better.

agenov
2011-08-25, 12:17 AM
Hi
HAs anybody worked on activating URA_PCH in Huawei. I have done it in my network and PS RAB failure increased many folds...
I changed following parameters after defining 1x URA for each cell..

SET UCORRMALGOSWITCH: DraSwitch=DRA_PS_BE_STATE_TRANS_SWITCH-1;
SET UUESTATETRANSTIMER: CellReSelectTimer=60, BeD2FStateTransTimer=30, BeF2PStateTransTimer=30;
SET UUESTATETRANS: CellReSelectCounter=1;
SET UPSINACTTIMER: PsInactTmrForInt=1440, ProtectTmrForInt=20, PsInactTmrForBac=1440, ProtectTmrForBac=20;

I suspect UPSINACTIMER values for that..Any suggestions?

1) What is the reason for increased RAB releases?
2) Investigate for possible UE terminals issue. On the market there are still UEs do not supporting PCH state but are not so much..
3) To isolate particular contributors at cell level or IMSI is good start and then tracing it.
4) Inactivity timer is longer (but i believe coudnt be a big issue).Anyway you can decrease it and track the RAB release trend.

BR
Alex

gogotchiya83
2011-09-08, 11:38 PM
i have a real problem of PS R99 drop, i did many changes without any improvement :(
I decided to activate the CELL_PCH and URA_PCH, what do you think of the result of this activation? could decease my PS DCR?

In order to activate the URA_PCH It is required to set URA Identities for all the cells of the RNC before activating the URA_PCH State (otherwise the activation will fail). have you any idea about how to plan the URA identity for my cells?
i know that the value should be a List of 8 maximum elements of Integer in range [0..65535] for each cell ...

soodlhor
2011-09-09, 05:29 AM
The best way to get the good KPI is to turn off all features, espacially for non E.U. Products.

agenov
2011-09-09, 03:35 PM
The best way to get the good KPI is to turn off all features, espacially for non E.U. Products.

:))

This is the funniest thing i've ever read :))

BR

dodotiro
2011-10-17, 06:47 PM
we have an issue regarding the activation of PCH instead of fast dormancy.

is there any impact on CPU load of this two condition ( activate PCH / de-activate PCH ) ?

boring
2012-02-09, 10:18 PM
@dodotiro

have you activated URA_PCH at your Huawei network?
if yes, any issues to take into consideration?

moslyi0891
2012-03-02, 06:02 AM
Hi Dodotiro :

No issues go ahead

moslyi0891
2012-03-02, 06:57 AM
Hi gogotchiya888 :

You have check from radio point of view all timers and
CONNMODETIMER,, UESTATETRANS
CELLURA

From core network point of veiw ask the CN Eng to check the parameters of :

CN (SignConnActivitySupervision) ,CVUserInactInSignConnRel ,Time supervision for the inactive signaling connection towards the PS , MS activity supervision timer (MSActivitySupervision) ,,ExtendedULDLActivationTmr,,

mobilink999
2012-03-06, 09:19 PM
Nice question Zeeshh. I also posted the same somewhere else in this forum... Kindly do share with us if you find out what actually was the cause .

FrankPintor
2012-03-29, 06:03 AM
Zeesh, I noticed you set CellReSelectTimer=60 and CellReSelectCounter=1... with those settings I was able to move maybe 3% of the mobiles from CELL_PCH to URA_PCH in the network here. Then we tried a much more aggressive setting with the reselection timer = 10s and were able to move about 10% of the mobiles from CELL to URA_PCH. We didn't see much negative impact on the use of the PCH channel.

Is there any consensus on what values the timer and counter should take?

We also tried some drive-tests and found that smartphones generally send the SCRI before the network has time to command the URA_PCH state, this is presumably why so few terminals move to URA_PCH. In fact I also found some feature-phones actually tear down the PDP context and RRC connection after some seconds of browser inactivity, which is really unexpected from a network point of view.

What practical experiences do people have of URA_PCH? Did it bring a big benefit? Do smartphones take advantage of this state.

I hope to improve the use of URA_PCH with the activation of R8 fast dormancy as a next step.