PDA

View Full Version : 2G E// - Increase in DL quality drops after TMA installation

Opt-Mj
2011-08-24, 06:00 PM
Hi,

I have an E// 2G cell which is showing an increase in DL quality drops since the installation of a TMA. The frequency plan appears to be clean, there does not appear to be any hardware issues & the TMA installation has been checked. Has anyone ever seen this before?

Thanks

Darko
2011-08-24, 07:06 PM
Do you have any MRR measurement(s) for this cell ?
What is the interference environment for this cell ?
Have you changed any parameters (locating or pwr control) after TMA installation ?

Opt-Mj
2011-08-24, 07:17 PM
Do you have any MRR measurement(s) for this cell ? - No MRR measurements available.
What is the interference environment for this cell ? - The interference environment looks ok i.e. frequency plan is clean & ICM band figures, for the UL, of 1 when I look on the switch.
Have you changed any parameters (locating or pwr control) after TMA installation ? - No parameter changes have been made after TMA installation

aznax
2011-08-24, 09:18 PM
Do you have any MRR measurement(s) for this cell ?
What is the interference environment for this cell ?
Have you changed any parameters (locating or pwr control) after TMA installation ?

i guess you should check Timing Advance, TMA may increase output power of cell, therefore cell coverage area will be increased as well. in this case MS camped on the cell from away can suffer of interference and quality is decreased.

Darko
2011-08-24, 10:40 PM
Do you have any MRR measurement(s) for this cell ? - No MRR measurements available.
What is the interference environment for this cell ? - The interference environment looks ok i.e. frequency plan is clean & ICM band figures, for the UL, of 1 when I look on the switch.
Have you changed any parameters (locating or pwr control) after TMA installation ? - No parameter changes have been made after TMA installation

Schedule MRR measurement for this cell and then we will see what is going on there.
Also make sure that feeder losses and TMA amplification value is specified in IDB of this RBS so we can make sure that reference point is correctly set.

cougsnoopy
2011-08-25, 09:02 AM
Did the overall drops increase? Typically we just see drops moving from one bucket to another. Basically you used to have a lot of drops due to Uplink Quality, but the TMA resolved that issue and moved some of the drops now to downlink quality as you aren't uplink limited quite like you were.

Osman Nayeem
2011-08-25, 07:37 PM
agree with cougsnoopy... Actually TMA is recommended where high power in Downlink is used... the function of TMA is to amplify the uplink signals to make the link balance...the only path which is related to TMA is UL... You will find significant improvement in terms of UL SS Drop if you installed TMA in high powered cells...

Dear Opt-Mj, can you check whether total no. of drop and as you mentioned, number of DL Quality drop increased or not? If UL SS drop reduced, drop percentage can move from one bucket to another, though total number of drop reduced...