PDA

View Full Version : Data drive issue

fon909
2011-08-24, 04:42 PM
Hi,

Recently a friend of mine did data drive around a city, they were downloading data from a FTP server, had youtube videos and a news tv live video streaming. Morning and afternoon there was no issue with speeds observed, however in the evening videos in youtube started to buffer, while FTP speeds were reasonable and live tv streaming too never buffered. Can one explain why specifically youtube experienced buffering issue while other services were performing reasonably well.

Thanks

rffreeconsult
2011-08-25, 08:22 AM
Depend on the hour, traffic may peak and affect SGSN & GGSN gateways...Please note that data traffic is spread out during the day and may peak (ramp up) in the evening. What you observe is consistent with the data traffic pattern that I have monitored for a tier-one operator in one of the top data market (confidentiality requested). Adding to that, you have the buffering on fixed servers as well...It adds up to the buffered time observed.

fon909
2011-08-25, 01:18 PM
@ RFFreeconsultant: Thanks for that valuable input, I shall convey this to my friend, any other possibilities that could be explored, futhermore any solution to relieve traffic at SGSN/GGSN?